|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the visit to the castle, where does Florence Dowell touch Captain Edward Ashburnham on his body?
(a) She touches him on the waist.
(b) She touches him on the wrist.
(c) She touches him on the back.
(d) She touches him on the forehead.
2. Who is the first person to beseech Captain Edward Ashburnham to get married?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) Leonora Ashburnham.
(d) His father.
3. On the Ashburnham's last night at Nauheim, what does Leonora Ashburnham see when she goes into her husband's room to check in on him?
(a) She discovers him praying in ecstasy.
(b) She discovers him smiling and praying.
(c) She discovers him sobbing and praying.
(d) She discovers him praying with an expressionless look on his face.
4. In Part 3, Chapter 2, it's mentioned that Nancy Rufford had once been knocked unconscious. For how many days was she unconscious?
(a) Six Days.
(b) Twenty days
(d) Three days.
5. Which of the following best describes Leonora Ashburnham's reaction to Captain Edward Ashburnham's relationship with Nancy Rufford:
(a) Leonora is indifferent to their relationship.
(b) Leonora does her best to keep the two apart and control Edward's feelings towards Nancy.
(c) Leonora is jealous of their relationship and makes plans to kill Nancy.
(d) Leonora approves of their relationship and does everything she can to support it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is John Dowell when he first hears of his wife's affair with Captain Edward Ashburnham?
2. Why is John Dowell drawn to Leonora Ashburnham?
3. Both Florence Dowell and Captain Edward Ashburnham suffer from which disease?
4. In the castle, what does Florence Dowell say to Captain Edward Ashburnham as she touches him?
5. For what reason is Captain Edward Ashburnham almost imprisoned?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)