|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which cultural revolution results from the teachings of Martin Luther?
(a) The Catholic Reformation.
(b) The Baptist Reformation.
(c) The Protestant Reformation.
(d) The Mormon Reformation.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 6, what does Florence Dowell try to convince Leonora Ashburnham to do?
(a) Reconcile with Captain Edward Ashburnham.
(b) Divorce Captain Edward Ashburnham.
(c) Have an affair of her own.
(d) Murder Maisie Maidan.
3. Where do the Ashburnhams first meet Maisie Maidan?
(a) At Nauheim.
(b) On a train to Germany.
(c) In England.
(d) In India.
4. What does John Dowell say it feels like to be a "deceived husband"?
(a) It felt as though his faith in God was being tested.
(b) It felt as though he was the most idiotic man to ever walk the planet.
(c) It felt as though he was being stabbed in the heart.
(d) Because he was naive, it didn't feel like anything at all.
5. When does Florence Dowell's disease begin?
(a) She acquired the disease while participating in athletics during her youth.
(b) She acquired the disease during puberty .
(c) She acquired the disease during a sea journey to Europe on her honeymoon.
(d) She has had the disease since birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years of "uninterrupted tranquility" transpire between the Ashburnhams and the Dowells?
2. In which state does Florence Dowell dream of living with Captain Edward Ashburnham?
3. Where does Nancy Rufford live before she begins living with the Ashburnhams?
4. What term does John Dowell use to refer to the ambiguous character introduced in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 5 it's revealed that Captain Edward Ashburnham had resigned from his military commission. For what reason does he resign?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)