|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who Captain Edward Ashburnham meets in India?
(a) Maisie Maidan.
(b) Mabel Maiden.
(c) Marybeth Maiden.
(d) Marion Maiden.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 6, what does Florence Dowell try to convince Leonora Ashburnham to do?
(a) Have an affair of her own.
(b) Divorce Captain Edward Ashburnham.
(c) Murder Maisie Maidan.
(d) Reconcile with Captain Edward Ashburnham.
3. What color is the dress Nancy Rufford wears on the night of Florence Dowell's death?
4. Where does John Dowell go after Florence dies?
(a) He moves to London.
(b) He takes a vacation to France.
(c) He returns to the United States.
(d) He joins the military and goes to India.
5. Which best describes Captain Edward Ashburnham's reputation?
(a) He has a reputation for being a generous philanthropist.
(b) He has a reputation for being a good solider.
(c) He has a reputation for being an excellent tennis player.
(d) He has a reputation for being an avid reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Monte Carlo, what does Captain Edward Ashburnham purchase from a woman?
2. After Florence Dowell dies, who does John Dowell want to marry?
3. In Chapter 2, John Dowell is reminded of a folktale. In the folktale, which two characters appear?
4. During the trip to the castle, Florence Dowell makes it her goal to do which of the following:
5. Inside the castle, what object does Florence Dowell draw everyone's attention to?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)