|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the stay at Nauheim, who is the only person to be unaware of the affair that takes place?
(a) Florence Dowell.
(b) Leonora Ashburnham.
(c) John Dowell.
(d) Captain Edward Ashburnham.
2. When John Dowell first meets Captain Edward Ashburnham, John finds Edward to be what?
(a) Quiet and sickly.
(b) Obnoxious and crass.
(c) Nervous and excitable.
(d) Sentimental and charismatic.
3. In the third chapter, what fear does John Dowell express?
(a) That he is a saint among sinners.
(b) That he is a cursed man.
(c) That he is a eunuch among real men.
(d) That he is secretly in love with Leonora Ashburnham.
4. Which words best describe the character of Florence Dowell's uncle?
(a) Mean-spirited, selfish, and lazy.
(b) Soft-spoken, demure, and intelligent.
(c) Generous, industrious, and eccentric.
(d) Prudish, judgmental, and haughty.
5. What is Florence Dowell's maiden name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Leonora Ashburnham discover about Captain Edward Ashburnham?
2. Which decoration does Captain Edward Ashburnham receive from the military?
3. How do Florence Dowell's aunts react when John Dowell tells them he wants to marry Florence?
4. What sort of man does Florence Dowell want to marry?
5. How many children do the Ashburnhams have?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)