|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John Dowell's nickname for Captain Edward Ashburnham?
(d) Captain Ed.
2. During the stay at Nauheim, who is the only person to be unaware of the affair that takes place?
(a) John Dowell.
(b) Captain Edward Ashburnham.
(c) Leonora Ashburnham.
(d) Florence Dowell.
3. How many children do the Ashburnhams have?
(c) They have no children.
4. Who is the narrator of The Good Solider ?
(a) Captain Edward Ashburnham.
(b) John Dowell.
(c) Florence Dowell.
(d) Leonora Ashburnham.
5. How many years of "uninterrupted tranquility" transpire between the Ashburnhams and the Dowells?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Nine years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Thirteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the castle visited by the Ashburnhams and the Dowells?
2. In the third chapter, what fear does John Dowell express?
3. John Dowell can only recall one particular dress his wife Florence wore during their stay at Nauheim. What kind of pattern is on this dress?
4. When the Dowells and the Ashburnhams visit the castle, what mode of transportation do they use?
5. How do Leonora and Captain Edward Ashburnham meet and fall in love?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)