|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Dowell can only recall one particular dress his wife Florence wore during their stay at Nauheim. What kind of material is this dress made out of?
2. When John Dowell's wife passes away, what does he want to do with the money he inherits from her estate?
(a) He wants to buy an estate.
(b) He wants to donate the money to charity.
(c) He can't decide what to do with the inheritance.
(d) He does not want the inheritance.
3. What is the first name of Florence's uncle?
4. Who, according to Leonora Ashburnham, has the upper hand in the Dowell's marriage?
(a) Florence Dowell.
(b) Captain Edward Ashburnham.
(c) John Dowell.
(d) She believes John and Flourence Dowell behave as equals in their marriage.
5. What term does John Dowell use to refer to the ambiguous character introduced in Chapter 2?
(a) He refers to her as "the girl."
(b) He refers to him as "the boy."
(c) He refers to her as "the governess."
(d) He refers to him as "the gentleman."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Florence Dowell's maiden name?
2. According to John Dowell, Leonora Ashburnham looks best while wearing which color?
3. Which best describes Florence Dowell's social views and behavior?
4. When John Dowell first meets Captain Edward Ashburnham, John finds Edward to be what?
5. In the second chapter, it's revealed that John and Florence Dowell spend twelve years of their marriage doing what?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)