|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the Ashburnham's last night at Nauheim, what does Leonora Ashburnham see when she goes into her husband's room to check in on him?
(a) She discovers him sobbing and praying.
(b) She discovers him praying with an expressionless look on his face.
(c) She discovers him praying in ecstasy.
(d) She discovers him smiling and praying.
2. In Chapter 3, when the Ashburnhams are seated for dinner, what do they say to their waiter?
(a) They make a comment on the weather.
(b) They make a comment on the quality of the waiter's service.
(c) They ask the waiter whether he would like to join them later for cocktails.
(d) That thier table is unsatisfactory and they would like to be moved.
3. In what position does Leonora find Maisie Maidan's body?
(a) She finds Maisie on the floor with her arms folded over her chest.
(b) She finds Maisie in bed clutching a stillborn child.
(c) She finds Maisie's legs sticking out from her portmanteau and her body tumbled into it.
(d) She finds Maisie hanging by a sheet from her four poster bed.
4. How old is Captain Edward Ashburnham when he and Leonora Ashburnham marry?
5. In the witness box, while defending himself during the Kilsyte case, what does Captain Edward Ashburnham realize?
(a) That ham sandwiches are better cold than they are hot.
(b) That it is a pleasant thing to feel a woman's body pressed against his own.
(c) That he's deeply in love with his wife.
(d) That he doesn't want to have any children.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning Leonora Ashburnham is bedridden, what does Nancy Rufford realize after reading the newspaper?
2. In Chapter 2, John Dowell is reminded of a folktale. In the folktale, which two characters appear?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 2, John Dowell compares Florence Dowell to which of the following warriors:
4. In the castle, what does Florence Dowell say to Captain Edward Ashburnham as she touches him?
5. On the day Leonora Ashburnham is bedridden, which family is featured in the newspaper article that Nancy Rufford reads?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)