|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonora Ashburnham do to the young woman whom she sees leaving Captain Edward Ashburnham's room at Nauheim?
(a) She pulls out the young woman's hair.
(b) She slaps the young woman in the face.
(c) She tackles the young woman.
(d) She boxes the young woman's ears.
2. What term does John Dowell use to refer to the ambiguous character introduced in Chapter 2?
(a) He refers to her as "the governess."
(b) He refers to her as "the girl."
(c) He refers to him as "the boy."
(d) He refers to him as "the gentleman."
3. In what room of the castle does Florence Dowell touch Captain Edward Ashburnham?
(a) The room in which Martin Luther died.
(b) The room in which Martin Luther composed his writings.
(c) The room in which Martin Luther ate.
(d) The room in which Martin Luther slept.
4. How does Maisie Maidan die?
(a) She dies from childbirth.
(b) She was murdered.
(c) She dies from heart failure.
(d) She committed suicide.
5. John Dowell can only recall one particular dress his wife Florence wore during their stay at Nauheim. What kind of pattern is on this dress?
(a) A floral pattern.
(b) A Chinese pattern.
(c) A Hawaiian pattern.
(d) A polka dot pattern.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, John Dowell is reminded of a folktale. In the folktale, which two characters appear?
2. How do Leonora and Captain Edward Ashburnham meet and fall in love?
3. In the second chapter, it's revealed that John and Florence Dowell spend twelve years of their marriage doing what?
4. What reason does John Dowell give to explain his wife's infidelity?
5. In the Ashburnham marriage, Leonora Ashburnham makes it her personal duty to do which of the following:
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)