|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the castle, what does Florence Dowell say to Captain Edward Ashburnham as she touches him?
(a) She tells Edward that he has Martin Luther to thank for all his virtues that separate him from the Catholics.
(b) She tells Edward that she is in love with him.
(c) She tells Edward that he has Martin Luther to thank for all his virtues that separate him from the French.
(d) She tells Edward that he has Martin Luther to thank for all his virtues that separate him from the Protestants.
2. John Dowell can only recall one particular dress his wife Florence wore during their stay at Nauheim. What color is this dress?
3. After looking back on all the events that occurred during his marriage, how does John Dowell feel about his wife Florence?
(a) He feels sorry for her.
(b) He feels indifferent about her.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He still loves her.
4. In Chapter 5, what does Leonora Ashburnham discover about Captain Edward Ashburnham?
(a) That Edward is being blackmailed over an affair.
(b) That Edward is converting to Catholicism.
(c) That Edward has contracted syphilis.
(d) That Edward has fathered the child of another woman.
5. Leonora Ashburnham goes to Maisie Maidan's room after the trip to the castle. What does she find there?
(a) A letter addressed to her in Maisie Maidan's hand.
(b) Maisie Maidan and Captain Edward Ashburnham engaged in a passionate kiss.
(c) A gold necklace.
(d) A suicide note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who Captain Edward Ashburnham meets in India?
2. Where is the castle located that is visited by the Ashburnhams and the Dowells?
3. What is the nature of Captain Edward Ashburnham's relationship to Maisie Maidan?
4. What is the first name of Florence's uncle?
5. When John Dowell first meets Captain Edward Ashburnham, John finds Edward to be what?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)