|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Hurlbird want to be done with the money his family would inherit from his death?
(a) In his name, he wanted an institution created for the relief of sufferers of the heart.
(b) In his name, he wanted an institution created for the relief of sufferers of lung ailments.
(c) He wanted a Catholic school built in his name.
(d) He wanted a Protestant school built in his name.
2. On the Ashburnham's last night at Nauheim, what does Leonora Ashburnham see when she goes into her husband's room to check in on him?
(a) She discovers him smiling and praying.
(b) She discovers him praying in ecstasy.
(c) She discovers him praying with an expressionless look on his face.
(d) She discovers him sobbing and praying.
3. Why is John Dowell drawn to Leonora Ashburnham?
(a) Because he is aroused by her beauty.
(b) Because she's the only one who understands the heartbreak of infidelity.
(c) Because she understands the difficulty of taking care of a sick spouse.
(d) Because he admires her piety and moral righteousness.
4. For what reason is Captain Edward Ashburnham almost imprisoned?
(a) For his failure to adhere to the teachings of the Catholic church.
(b) For kissing a servant girl on a train.
(c) For his willingness to commit adulterous affairs.
(d) For his failure to pay his debts.
5. Of her mother and father, whom does Nancy prefer?
(a) Her father.
(b) She loves both of her parents equally.
(c) Her mother.
(d) She despises both of her parents equally.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days before the death of Florence Dowell does John Hurlbird die?
2. What does Miss Emily Hurlbird think John Dowell should do with the money he inherits from John Hurlbird's death?
3. In Monte Carlo, what does Captain Edward Ashburnham purchase from a woman?
4. What does Captain Edward Ashburnham do while he is in Monte Carlo?
5. At school, what does Nancy repeatedly do?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)