|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leonora Ashburnham tell Nancy Rufford about the whereabouts of Nancy's mother?
(a) She tells her that her mother has been kidnapped.
(b) She tells her that her mother has become a homeless drifter.
(c) She tells her that her mother has run off with a young man.
(d) She tells her that her mother has passed away.
2. How many days before the death of Florence Dowell does John Hurlbird die?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Five days.
(c) One day.
(d) Twelve days.
3. During the Ashburnham's last night at Nauheim, what does Leonora Ashburnham suggest to her husband?
(a) That he button his cuff links.
(b) That he pray to God and ask for His forgiveness.
(c) That he take Nancy Rufford out for some fun.
(d) That he kill Florence Dowell.
4. How old is Nancy when she is knocked unconscious?
5. Which of the following best describes Leonora Ashburnham's reaction to Captain Edward Ashburnham's relationship with Nancy Rufford:
(a) Leonora is indifferent to their relationship.
(b) Leonora approves of their relationship and does everything she can to support it.
(c) Leonora is jealous of their relationship and makes plans to kill Nancy.
(d) Leonora does her best to keep the two apart and control Edward's feelings towards Nancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leonora Ashburnham do to the young woman whom she sees leaving Captain Edward Ashburnham's room at Nauheim?
2. During Leonora Ashburnham's fight with a young woman at Nauheim, something gets stuck in the young woman's hair. Which object gets stuck in the woman's hair?
3. What is the name of the woman who Captain Edward Ashburnham meets in India?
4. What does John Hurlbird want to be done with the money his family would inherit from his death?
5. What does Miss Emily Hurlbird think John Dowell should do with the money he inherits from John Hurlbird's death?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)