|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John Hurlbird want to be done with the money his family would inherit from his death?
(a) He wanted a Catholic school built in his name.
(b) In his name, he wanted an institution created for the relief of sufferers of the heart.
(c) In his name, he wanted an institution created for the relief of sufferers of lung ailments.
(d) He wanted a Protestant school built in his name.
2. At school, what does Nancy repeatedly do?
(a) Breaks the same school rule.
(b) Kisses one of her professors.
(c) Wears the same stockings.
(d) Runs away.
3. How many days before the death of Florence Dowell does John Hurlbird die?
(a) Fifteen days.
(b) Five days.
(c) One day.
(d) Twelve days.
4. On the Ashburnham's last night at Nauheim, which religious idol does Captain Edward Ashburnham pray to?
(a) The Virgin Mary.
(b) John the Apostle.
(c) St. Michael.
(d) St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi.
5. What does Leonora Ashburnham tell Nancy Rufford about the whereabouts of Nancy's mother?
(a) She tells her that her mother has been kidnapped.
(b) She tells her that her mother has run off with a young man.
(c) She tells her that her mother has passed away.
(d) She tells her that her mother has become a homeless drifter.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nancy Rufford is a child, how does her father treat her?
2. In Chapter 5 it's revealed that Captain Edward Ashburnham had resigned from his military commission. For what reason does he resign?
3. What does Captain Edward Ashburnham do while he is in Monte Carlo?
4. Where does Nancy Rufford live before she begins living with the Ashburnhams?
5. What is Nancy Rufford's religion?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)