|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the German soldier bring the little girl in to her execution in "SS-Obersturmführer August Häfner on the killing of the children"?
(a) By holding her hand.
(b) Pushing her.
(c) Carrying her.
(d) Giving her a piggy back ride.
2. Why did Kretschmer say the local citizenry were like parrots?
(a) They did not speak German.
(b) They were colorful.
(c) They talked a lot.
(d) Because of their predilection for sunflower seeds.
3. How many people were gassed during the record day according to Rudolf Hoss?
4. What did "Gauleiter Greiser to Himmler, 19 March 1943" praise?
(a) The bravery of an assault squad.
(b) The power of a new rifle.
(c) The effectiveness of a new killing method.
(d) The bravery of an execution squad.
5. What did the author of the documents in the first section of "The bodies piled up in the streets" complain about?
(a) That the execution crew did not clean up after.
(b) That the Jews were starting to resist.
(c) That the executions were not well planned.
(d) That the executions were too quick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said "I only took part in the murder of some three million people out of consideration for my family" according to "'Food in the officers' mess excellent'--Auschwitz"?
2. What was Kurt Franz's dog's name?
3. Where did Hoss lead work details that exhumed corpses from mass graves?
4. What did "Verdict against SS- Untersturmführer Max Täubner, 24 May 1943" make clear Taubner wasn't assigned as?
5. How long did the children have to wait before being executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to the children at Byelaya Tserkov after the execution of their parents?
2. Who was Kurt Franz, and what did he see in his first day at Treblinka?
3. Why did Taubner's time in a German prison benefit him?
4. What did Grabnar order Hans Stark to do, according to "Food in the officer's mess excellent - Auschwitz"?
5. What happened in Taubner's military service?
6. How is Taubner presented in "None of the Jews that were killed is any great loss"?
7. How did the train journey to Belzec begin?
8. What did Adolf Eichmann express horror about?
9. What work detail did Rudolf Hoss lead?
10. What happened to future shipments of Jews?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)