|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What triggered an expansion of the killing capability of Belzec?
(a) New leadership.
(b) More personnel.
(c) More trains coming to Belzec.
(d) New equipment.
2. What was Mentz's nickname?
(a) The butcher of Sobibor.
(b) The gunman of Treblinka.
(c) Igor of Treblinka.
(d) The murderer of Auschwitz.
3. What did Kretschmer assure his children he was not doing immoderately?
4. What was Kurt Möbius sentenced for after the war?
(a) War crimes.
(c) Crimes against humanity.
(d) Accessory to murder.
5. How many children were left after the first round of executions?
(a) 45 children.
(b) 60 children.
(c) 90 children.
(d) 12 children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Bialacerkiew located?
2. What was Theodor Malzmüller role during the war?
3. Why did Kube once thank a Jew for?
4. What type of worker did the author of the documents in the first section of "The bodies piled up in the streets" say were wanted?
5. What did four of the pictures in "A Gendarmerie Oberwachtmeister's photographs" depict?
Short Essay Questions
1. What promotion was Kremer pleased with?
2. Who was Kurt Franz, and what did he see in his first day at Treblinka?
3. How is Taubner presented in "None of the Jews that were killed is any great loss"?
4. What did Adolf Eichmann express horror about?
5. How were the letters between Fritz and Lieutenant-General Querner shocking?
6. What did the communication complain about the executions in "His attitude towards the Jews is quite impossible"?
7. What did Kremer begin to pursue a few weeks after arriving at Auschwitz?
8. What did Grabnar order Hans Stark to do, according to "Food in the officer's mess excellent - Auschwitz"?
9. What was the substantial sum of cash sent by Gauleiter Greiser meant for?
10. Who was Fritz Jacob, and how did he describe the Jews?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)