|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Kurt Franz's dog's name?
(d) Lil Hitler.
2. What period of time did "'In the interest of maintaining military discipline..." cover?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 5 days.
3. Who were the letters addressed to in "Letters by Gendarmerie chief Fritz Jacob"?
(a) Commander Querner.
(b) Marechal Querner.
(c) Lieutenant-General Querner.
(d) Lieutenant-General Smith.
4. What did "Verdict against SS- Untersturmführer Max Täubner, 24 May 1943" make clear Taubner wasn't assigned as?
(a) A chaplain.
(b) A guard.
(c) An executioner.
(d) A medic.
5. What did Rudolf Hoss say would be impossible to know?
(a) Who participate in mass murders.
(b) How many extermination camps existed.
(c) How many women were raped.
(d) How many people burned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author of the documents in the first section of "The bodies piled up in the streets" complain about?
2. How many people were executed in the events of "An officer cadet on the killing of the adults"?
3. How many Jews were killed per day at the start of the Belzec operation according to "SS-Untersturmführer Josef Oberhauser on the early days at Belzec"?
4. What were the documents in the first section of "The bodies piled up in the streets" marked as?
5. What was Mentz's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Byelaya Tserkov, and what began in August of 1941, according to "In the interest of maintaining military discipline"?
2. What work detail did Rudolf Hoss lead?
3. What did the communication complain about the executions in "His attitude towards the Jews is quite impossible"?
4. What happened in Taubner's military service?
5. Who was Pfannestiel, and what contradiction did he present regarding Nazi Germany?
6. What did a German soldier that witnessed 162 executions claim, and why does this seem contradictory?
7. During what period did the documents of "Their soldierly conduct is exemplary" come from?
8. What did Grabnar order Hans Stark to do, according to "Food in the officer's mess excellent - Auschwitz"?
9. How is Taubner presented in "None of the Jews that were killed is any great loss"?
10. What happened to non-Jewish citizens?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)