|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who committed the mass murders described by Johannes Blaskowitz?
(a) The Wehrmacht.
(b) Local civilians.
(c) The S.S.
(d) Prisoners of war.
2. What was the rank of the man who wrote "Once again I've got to play general to the Jews"?
3. What question does the "Foreword" ask about the mass murder and public perception?
(a) How people can watch people get killed without bombing the installations used to kill them.
(b) How people become evil when they start as seemingly good people.
(c) How mass murder could consistently be carried on in public view without opposition.
(d) How people can kill without learving significant traces.
4. What was the author of "Once again I've got to play general to the Jews" convicted of after the war?
(a) Crimes against humanity.
(b) War crimes.
(c) Accessory to murder.
5. What often happened during the mass shooting of Jews?
(a) Parents killed their children.
(b) Men tried to bargain for their life.
(c) Some tried to overpower the guards.
(d) Local people came to watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the reports whose extracts form "Quite happy to take part in shootings"?
2. What did some civilians do to victims ready to be executed?
3. What time period does the third document of "The brutalization of precious German Manpower" cover?
4. What are the materials of The Good Old Days NOT intended to be according to the "Introduction"?
5. What type of troops were brought to support the German unit in the third document, "The brutalization of precious German Manpower"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Jews made to do during the executions at the Babi Yar ravine?
2. What does "Execution as popular entertainment" say about Jewish executions?
3. What was the usual recourse for the murderers, according to "Pushed to their psychological limits"?
4. What time period did the excerpts from the diary of a cycle battalion cover?
5. Why were the victims forced to strip naked before execution?
6. What did "Each time a victim was beaten to death they started to clap" examine regarding the early stages of the Holocaust?
7. What did accompanying photographs of the Babi Yar ravine show?
8. What did a customs official say regarding the organization of the murders in Vinnitsa and Brailov?
9. What did the statements given by police, government officials, members of the SS, and Einsatzgruppen all agree on?
10. What did the statements in "Quite happy to take part in shootings" collectively demonstrate about individual participation in the Holocaust?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)