|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gas was used at the height of the industrialization of the extermination camp?
(a) Maroo H.
(b) Gaz X.
(c) Rubb L.
(d) Zyklon B.
2. When did Taubner commit his crime of unsanctioned mass murder?
(a) October 1940.
(b) October 1942.
(c) October 1941.
(d) October 1943.
3. What was Erich Fuchs's role in Sobibor?
(a) Guard a shed where the deadly gas was stored..
(b) Drive the bus from the train station to the gas chambers.
(c) Clean the corps off the gas chambers.
(d) Maintain an engine designed to asphyxiate women and children.
4. What was Kurt Möbius sentenced for after the war?
(a) Accessory to murder.
(b) War crimes.
(c) Crimes against humanity.
5. What unit was Lieutenant-Colonel Groscurth assigned to?
(a) 29th Infantry Division.
(b) 295th Infantry Division.
(c) 95th Infantry Division.
(d) 25th Infantry Division.
6. What was Professor Wilhelm Pfannenstiel's job at Belzec?
(a) Treat wounded prisoners.
(b) To make sure people were dead.
(c) To be sure the extermination was performed hygienically.
(d) Make sure soldiers didn't have a mental breakdown.
7. The author of the documents in "Eliminate the Jews once and for all" held what rank?
(a) Generalkommissar for Kiev.
(b) Generalkommissar for Warsaw.
(c) Generalkommissar for Moscow.
(d) Generalkommissar for White Russia.
8. What was the gift included in "Gauleiter Greiser to Himmler, 19 March 1943" meant for?
(a) For Hitler.
(b) For Goring.
(c) The Reich or for Himmler's personal use.
(d) For Himmler's wife.
9. Why did Kube once thank a Jew for?
(a) Saving his car.
(b) Saving his dog.
(c) Returning his lost wallet.
(d) Saving his life.
10. Where did the event of "'In the interest of maintaining military discipline..." take place?
(b) Byelaya Tserkov.
(d) Markov Stupeer.
11. When was Dr. Kremer put to trial?
12. What was Dr. Kremer's pet project while assigned in a death camp?
(a) Brain biopsies.
(b) Grow orchids.
(c) Grow twins in jars.
(d) Harvesting organ tissues from live prisoners.
13. What did the author of the documents in the first section of "The bodies piled up in the streets" complain about?
(a) That the execution crew did not clean up after.
(b) That the executions were not well planned.
(c) That the executions were too quick.
(d) That the Jews were starting to resist.
14. Where was Bialacerkiew located?
(a) 50 miles from Kiev.
(b) 20 miles from Kiev.
(c) 30 miles from Kiev.
(d) 40 miles from Kiev.
15. Who visited the building where the children were located?
(a) Local nuns.
(b) German Generals.
(c) Military Chaplains.
(d) Local priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Max Taubner describe himself according to "Verdict against SS- Untersturmführer Max Täubner, 24 May 1943"?
2. What type of worker did the author of the documents in the first section of "The bodies piled up in the streets" say were wanted?
3. How many Jews did Taubner kill during his unsanctioned mass murder?
4. What did Taubner allow his men to do while committing atrocities?
5. What did "Verdict against SS- Untersturmführer Max Täubner, 24 May 1943" make clear Taubner wasn't assigned as?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)