|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the children have to wait before being executed?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 5 days.
2. What did the author of the documents in the first section of "The bodies piled up in the streets" complain about?
(a) That the Jews were starting to resist.
(b) That the executions were not well planned.
(c) That the executions were too quick.
(d) That the execution crew did not clean up after.
3. What was Dr Kremer put to trial for?
(a) Crimes against humanity.
(d) War crimes.
4. What unit was Lieutenant-Colonel Groscurth assigned to?
(a) 295th Infantry Division.
(b) 95th Infantry Division.
(c) 29th Infantry Division.
(d) 25th Infantry Division.
5. Why did Kube once thank a Jew for?
(a) Returning his lost wallet.
(b) Saving his dog.
(c) Saving his car.
(d) Saving his life.
6. How many people people were executed at a time in "An officer cadet on the killing of the adults"?
7. Where was Dr. Kremer stationed in 1942?
8. Why was Taubner charged?
(a) For refusing to kill Jews.
(b) For killing Jews.
(c) For saving a Jew.
(d) For killing Jews without authorization.
9. Why did Hoss lead work details that exhumed corpses from mass graves?
(a) To incinerate them.
(b) To ground them.
(c) To move them to a secure location.
(d) To throw them in the sea.
10. Who sent the documents of the first section of "The bodies piled up in the streets"?
(a) Berlin Gebietskommissar.
(b) Kiev Gebietskommissar.
(c) Slutsk Gebietskommissar.
(d) Minsk Gebietskommissar.
11. What did Taubner allow his men to do while committing atrocities?
(a) Invite people.
(b) Take pictures.
(d) Take breaks.
12. What type of village was not targeted by mass killings?
(a) Less than 5,000 people.
(b) Less than 2,000 people.
(c) Less than 1,000 people.
(d) Less than 10,000 people.
13. What did Kurt say in "Kurt Möbius on the guilt of the Jews and his own lack of blame" about orders given by a government?
(a) The cannot be disobeyed.
(b) They were obviously correct.
(c) They can only be for the general good.
(d) They must be moral.
14. How did Kretschmer sign his letters?
(b) Your Papa.
(d) Your father.
15. How did the German soldier bring the little girl in to her execution in "SS-Obersturmführer August Häfner on the killing of the children"?
(a) Giving her a piggy back ride.
(b) By holding her hand.
(c) Pushing her.
(d) Carrying her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kretschmer enthusiastic about in his letters?
2. When were the documents in "The action rid me of unnecessary mouths to feed" created?
3. What did Dr. Kremer do after receiving his promotion?
4. What was attached to the letter according to "Gauleiter Greiser to Himmler, 19 March 1943"?
5. Where did the event of "'In the interest of maintaining military discipline..." take place?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)