|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Kretschmer say the local citizenry were like parrots?
(a) Because of their predilection for sunflower seeds.
(b) They did not speak German.
(c) They talked a lot.
(d) They were colorful.
2. How many Jews were killed per day at the start of the Belzec operation according to "SS-Untersturmführer Josef Oberhauser on the early days at Belzec"?
(a) 60 to 90 per day.
(b) 100 to 300 per day.
(c) 600 to 900 per day.
(d) 200 to 600 per day.
3. What was Mentz's nickname?
(a) The gunman of Treblinka.
(b) The butcher of Sobibor.
(c) The murderer of Auschwitz.
(d) Igor of Treblinka.
4. How many people did Mentz remember killing?
(a) 2 to 20 per year.
(b) 2 to 20 per month.
(c) 2 to 20 per train.
(d) 1 to 10 per train.
5. Who said "I only took part in the murder of some three million people out of consideration for my family" according to "'Food in the officers' mess excellent'--Auschwitz"?
(a) Rudolph Hoss.
(c) Herman Geuring.
(d) Maximilian Grabner.
6. What did Dr. Kremer do after receiving his promotion?
(a) Was given his own hospital.
(b) Left Auschwitz.
(c) Created his own camp.
(d) Was given his own test subjects.
7. How did the German soldier bring the little girl in to her execution in "SS-Obersturmführer August Häfner on the killing of the children"?
(a) Pushing her.
(b) Giving her a piggy back ride.
(c) By holding her hand.
(d) Carrying her.
8. What was Kretschmer enthusiastic about in his letters?
(a) Being away from his wife.
(b) His income.
(c) The weather.
(d) His killing people.
9. Where did the event of "'In the interest of maintaining military discipline..." take place?
(b) Markov Stupeer.
(c) Byelaya Tserkov.
10. When was the case against Taubner's men dismissed?
(a) June 1, 1943.
(b) June 1, 1944.
(c) June 5, 1943.
(d) May 1, 1943.
11. How many people were gassed during the record day according to Rudolf Hoss?
12. How did Max Taubner describe himself according to "Verdict against SS- Untersturmführer Max Täubner, 24 May 1943"?
(a) A sharp shooter.
(b) Good man.
(d) Fanatical enemy of the Jews.
13. What does "Theodor Malzmüller on the plague boils of humanity" describe?
(a) The extermination camp at Belzec.
(b) The extermination camp at Kulmhof.
(c) The extermination camp at Sobibor.
(d) The extermination camp at Treblinka.
14. When were the documents in the first section of "The bodies piled up in the streets" sent?
(a) October 30, 1941.
(b) September 30, 1941.
(c) October 3,1941.
(d) October 30, 1942.
15. What did Taubner allow his men to do while committing atrocities?
(a) Take breaks.
(b) Take pictures.
(c) Invite people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the letters addressed to in "Letters by Gendarmerie chief Fritz Jacob"?
2. How many of the Jews on the train described in "The train journey to Belzec--Schutzpolizei Zugwachtmeister Jäcklein's report" died before arriving at Belzec?
3. What skills did Eichmann bring to the "final solution"?
4. What did Kretschmer assure his children he was not doing immoderately?
5. What was Mentz sentenced to after the war?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)