|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Professor Wilhelm Pfannenstiel's job at Belzec?
(a) Make sure soldiers didn't have a mental breakdown.
(b) Treat wounded prisoners.
(c) To make sure people were dead.
(d) To be sure the extermination was performed hygienically.
2. Where did Taubner commit his crime of unsanctioned mass murder?
3. What did Gauleiter ask Himmler in "Gauleiter Greiser to Himmler, 19 March 1943"?
(a) Authorization to kill more Jews.
(b) Authorization to retire.
(c) Authorization to take an extended leave with some of his men.
(d) Authorization to take over the killing program in Warsaw.
4. What was Taubner's hobby while stationed in German occupied areas?
(a) Hunted small game.
(b) Murder of Jews.
(c) Stamp collecting.
(d) Killing russins prisoners.
5. How many people did Mentz remember killing?
(a) 2 to 20 per year.
(b) 1 to 10 per train.
(c) 2 to 20 per month.
(d) 2 to 20 per train.
6. Who were the letters in "Letters of SS-Obersturmführer Karl Kretschmer (SK 4a)" addressed to?
(a) His mistress.
(b) His commanding officer.
(c) His family.
7. What was Mentz sentenced to after the war?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) Life in prison.
8. How did Kretschmer sign his letters?
(a) Your father.
(b) Your Papa.
9. When was the case against Taubner's men dismissed?
(a) June 1, 1943.
(b) June 5, 1943.
(c) May 1, 1943.
(d) June 1, 1944.
10. What was Kretschmer enthusiastic about in his letters?
(a) His killing people.
(b) His income.
(c) The weather.
(d) Being away from his wife.
11. What did Kretschmer assure his children he was not doing immoderately?
12. What did four of the pictures in "A Gendarmerie Oberwachtmeister's photographs" depict?
(a) Execution of German soldiers.
(b) Execution of naked men.
(c) Execution of children.
(d) Execution of naked women.
13. When were the documents in the first section of "The bodies piled up in the streets" sent?
(a) September 30, 1941.
(b) October 3,1941.
(c) October 30, 1941.
(d) October 30, 1942.
14. What were the documents in the first section of "The bodies piled up in the streets" marked as?
(a) Do not copy.
(b) Top Secret.
(d) Hitler's Eyes Only.
15. How many people were on the train described in "The train journey to Belzec--Schutzpolizei Zugwachtmeister Jäcklein's report" when it left for Belzec?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did "Verdict against SS- Untersturmführer Max Täubner, 24 May 1943" make clear Taubner wasn't assigned as?
2. What skills did Eichmann bring to the "final solution"?
3. What did Fritz mention in his letters about his girlfriend?
4. When did Taubner commit his crime of unsanctioned mass murder?
5. When were the documents in "The action rid me of unnecessary mouths to feed" created?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)