|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michelle Tomlinson was a fellow nurse of Charlie Cullen’s in what unit?
2. What was the name of the manor that Brooke Astor (nee Kuser) lived at in Somerset County, New Jersey?
3. What was the name of the neighbor’s dog that had been found poisoned in the alleyway by Charles Cullen’s house?
4. At what time did Charlie’s night shifts always begin at Saint Luke’s, according to the author in Part I: Chapter 20?
5. On what date does the author open Part I: Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What contents were discovered in the sharps box in the medical storage room in Part I: Chapter 21?
2. What information about Amy Loughren’s health does the author reveal in Part I: Chapter 24?
3. How does the author describe Charles Cullen’s childhood in Part I: Chapter 1? How many siblings did Charlie have?
4. What was discussed in the conference call at Somerset Medical in Part I: Chapter 26?
5. Who advised the medical facilities in and around Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, against hiring Charles Cullen in 2002?
6. Who made the initial discovery of the drugs in the sharps box in Part I: Chapter 21? What did this individual do?
7. How much money was Charles Cullen earning in October of 2003, according to the author in Part I: Chapter 1? Where was Charles living?
8. What feelings did Charles Cullen have for Michelle Tomlinson? How did Cullen behave toward Tomlinson after their first date?
9. Where did Charles Cullen go to work after leaving Saint Luke’s Hospital? How long did he stay at this job?
10. What was the main cause of the marital problems between Charles Cullen and his wife, according to the author in Part I: Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Amy Loughren’s response to the information she learned about Charles Cullen through Tim and Danny. How did Amy perceive the information she saw on Charlie’s Pyxis reports? How did Amy translate this information for the detectives? How important was Amy’s role in the investigation, trials, and conviction of Charles Cullen?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss Charles Cullen’s relationship with Catherine Westerer. When and where did Charles meet Catherine? What drew her to him? Did Catherine observe the same questionable behaviors in Charles that his first wife had?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Charles Cullen’s employment at Lehigh Valley Hospital and Saint Luke’s Hospital as well as the invention and abilities of Pyxis MedStations. When was the Pyxis Corporation founded? What was the purpose of the Pyxis MedStation? How widespread was their use?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)