|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what nickname was digoxin called by the nurses in the ICU, according to the author in Part I: Chapter 13?
2. Where was Charlie Cullen born?
3. The author opens Part I: Chapter 1 with the statement, “Charlie considered himself” what?
4. How old does the author describe Amy Loughren as in Part I: Chapter 24?
5. When does the author say John Dryden “built his Versailles-like mansion in Bernardsville” in Part I: Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Charles Cullen begin working at Hunterdon Hospital? How was his performance there described in Part I: Chapter 14?
2. Who interviewed Charles Cullen following the murder of Helen Dean?
3. What was discussed in the conference call at Somerset Medical in Part I: Chapter 26?
4. Whom did Dr. Steven Marcus contact regarding the deaths at Somerset Medical Center? Why?
5. Who advised the medical facilities in and around Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, against hiring Charles Cullen in 2002?
6. What led to Charles Cullen’s feelings of isolation and embarrassment while working at Saint Luke’s Hospital?
7. Where did Charles Cullen work after leaving Hunterdon Hospital? How was his performance at this institution described?
8. Why did Adrianne insist on having the divorce paperwork ready by January of 1993, according to the author in Part I: Chapter 7?
9. When and where did Charles Cullen begin his nursing career? How does the author describe the unit Cullen worked in?
10. How does the author describe Charles Cullen’s feelings about the changes in the dynamic of male to female nurses in Part I: Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the suicide attempts of Charles Cullen. How old was Cullen when he first attempted suicide? Did Cullen’s suicide gestures indicate that he was truly attempting to kill himself or did they suggest he was reaching out for help? Why would that make a difference in assessing Cullen’s psychology?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the dead ends that detectives Braun and Bowers experienced when dealing with Somerset Medical Center as they opened their investigation. Why was Somerset Medical unwilling to share the information from their internal investigation with the detectives? What obstacles did this create for Bowers and Braun?
Essay Topic 3
Amy Loughren’s response to the information she learned about Charles Cullen through Tim and Danny. How did Amy perceive the information she saw on Charlie’s Pyxis reports? How did Amy translate this information for the detectives? How important was Amy’s role in the investigation, trials, and conviction of Charles Cullen?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)