|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Charlie Cullen’s new nursing supervisor in Part I: Chapter 12?
2. When does the author say John Dryden “built his Versailles-like mansion in Bernardsville” in Part I: Chapter 24?
3. Where was Charlie Cullen born?
4. According to the author in Part I: Chapter 1, Charlie Cullen’s new commute started from what town in Pennsylvania?
5. How many children did Kathy have when she dated Charlie Cullen during his time at Hunterdon Hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom did Dr. Steven Marcus contact regarding the deaths at Somerset Medical Center? Why?
2. How was Mrs. Helen Dean murdered? When and where was she murdered?
3. How does the author describe Charles Cullen’s childhood in Part I: Chapter 1? How many siblings did Charlie have?
4. What suspicious situation arose at Saint Barnabas in 1991? How does the author describe this incident?
5. What information about Amy Loughren’s health does the author reveal in Part I: Chapter 24?
6. What led to Charles Cullen’s feelings of isolation and embarrassment while working at Saint Luke’s Hospital?
7. Who advised the medical facilities in and around Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, against hiring Charles Cullen in 2002?
8. What was Nancy Doherty’s position at Somerset? Whom did Doherty speak with on the phone in Part I: Chapter 25?
9. What was the main cause of the marital problems between Charles Cullen and his wife, according to the author in Part I: Chapter 7?
10. Who interviewed Charles Cullen following the murder of Helen Dean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the drug digoxin and the murder of Helen Dean. What is digoxin generally used to treat? From what plant is it derived? How did Charles Cullen know the amount of digoxin that would overdose a patient and lead to cardiac arrest?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the obsessive qualities of Charles Cullen. How did Cullen’s obsession with Nurse Julie mirror his previous stalking of Michelle Tomlinson? How did Nurse Julie respond to Charlie’s admiration? Why were these issues not addressed by hospital administration?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Adrianne Cullen’s impressions, fears, and conflicts with her husband. When did Charles Cullen first seem to “change” from the man that Adrianne had married? How did the poisoning of the neighbor’s dog lead to suspicion from Adrianne? What ultimately drove Adrianne’s decision to leave her husband?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)