|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did Charles Cullen inject Francis Henry’s IV with a whopping dose of insulin, leading to diabetic shock?
(a) December 11, 1997.
(b) September 1, 1993.
(c) May 6, 1998.
(d) February 22, 1960.
2. Who was Charlie Cullen’s new nursing supervisor in Part I: Chapter 12?
(a) Thomas Arnold.
(b) Mary Lund.
(c) Adrianne Baum.
(d) Connie Trembler.
3. What does the author refer to in Part I: Chapter 26 as “any event in which patient safety is threatened”?
(a) A coronary event.
(b) A code blue event.
(c) A red tape event.
(d) A sentinel event.
4. How did Charlie Cullen’s mother die?
(a) From a stroke.
(b) In a boating accident.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) From a heart attack.
5. How many pills did Charlie Cullen take before he turned himself in at the police station in Part I: Chapter 10?
6. In discussing Adrianne’s doubts about Charlie’s behavior, the author says in Part I: Chapter 7, “It was inconceivable that at an institution entrusted with human lives, the staff weren’t at least as carefully regulated as the stocks of” what?
(c) “Vecuronium bromide.”
7. How long had Gerry Kimble been in the unit at Saint Luke’s, according to the author in Part I: Chapter 21?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 16 years.
(c) 22 years.
(d) 10 years.
8. What did Charlie use to break into Michelle’s condo in Part I: Chapter 10?
(a) A gun.
(b) A rock.
(c) A brick.
(d) A hammer.
9. Who was the New Jersey epidemiologist and assistant commissioner of the Department of Health in 2003?
(a) Dr. Zarar Shaleen.
(b) Dr. John Banas.
(c) Eddy Bresnitz, MD.
(d) Dr. Steven Marcus.
10. When did Charlie Cullen resign from Hunterdon Hospital?
(a) January, 1993.
(b) June, 1987.
(c) October, 1996.
(d) November, 1992.
11. On what patient does the author state that ten spent vials of vec had been used on at Saint Luke’s in Part I: Chapter 21?
(a) Larry Dean.
(b) Edward O’Toole.
(c) Thelma Moyer.
(d) Ellen Amedeo.
12. The author states in Part I: Chapter 16, that when he applied at Liberty Nursing and Rehabilitation Center after months without work, Charlie Cullen was how much in debt?
13. The author notes in Part I: Chapter 21 that “Overdose by vecuronium bromide would be much like” what?
(a) “Drowning or slow suffocation.”
(b) “Being electrocuted.”
(c) “Being bitten by a black widow.”
(d) “Being stabbed to death.”
14. What kind of car does the author describe Amy Loughren driving in Part I: Chapter 24?
(a) A Jaguar.
(b) A Ford Taurus.
(c) A Miata.
(d) A Corvette.
15. The author opens Part I: Chapter 1 with the statement, “Charlie considered himself” what?
(c) “A killer.”
Short Answer Questions
1. In what unit of the hospital was Charlie Cullen originally hired at Morristown Memorial Hospital?
2. What kind of car does the author describe Charlie Cullen driving in Part I: Chapter 1?
3. The author states in Part I: Chapter 27 that the night before Charlie Cullen’s interview with attorney Raymond J. Fleming, he had killed a patient using what drug?
4. How old was Charlie Cullen when his father died?
5. How many years on the job does the author describe Charlie having had in Part I: Chapter 1?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)