|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date does Part I: Chapter 26 open?
(a) October 3, 2003.
(b) August 15, 2002.
(c) December 6, 1977.
(d) July 8, 2003.
2. Who was the Nurse Supervisor that praised Charlie Cullen in his performance review in October of 1995 at Hunterdon Hospital?
(a) Mary Lund.
(b) Connie Trembler.
(c) Ernest Duh.
(d) Marjorie Whelan.
3. The author opens Part I: Chapter 1 with the statement, “Charlie considered himself” what?
(a) “A killer.”
4. What was the name of the neighbor’s dog that had been found poisoned in the alleyway by Charles Cullen’s house?
5. The drug vecuronium bromide is what kind of drug?
(a) A barbiturate.
(b) An antipsychotic.
(c) An anti-seizure drug.
(d) A paralytic.
6. The author describes Charlie’s commute in Part I: Chapter 20, saying, “The drive to Saint Luke’s was a straight shot west on and off” what highway?
(a) Route 18.
(b) Route 66.
(c) Route 22.
(d) I-78 East.
7. What was the name of the manor that Brooke Astor (nee Kuser) lived at in Somerset County, New Jersey?
(b) The Awahanee.
(d) Steven’s Point.
8. The Catholic Church celebrates the feast of Saint Barnabas on what day?
(a) April 15.
(b) March 1.
(c) September 12.
(d) June 11.
9. What hourly wage was Charlie Cullen earning “in hospitals across New Jersey and Pennsylvania,” according to the author in Part I: Chapter 1?
10. How old was Charles Cullen when he committed his “first suicide gesture,” according to the author in Part I: Chapter 8?
11. What does the author refer to in Part I: Chapter 26 as “any event in which patient safety is threatened”?
(a) A sentinel event.
(b) A red tape event.
(c) A code blue event.
(d) A coronary event.
12. How many children did Kathy have when she dated Charlie Cullen during his time at Hunterdon Hospital?
13. Who was the assistant commissioner of health in New Jersey in 2003?
(a) Amie Thornton.
(b) Connie Trembler.
(c) Marjorie Whelan.
(d) Lisa Gannon.
14. On what date does Part I: Chapter 10 open?
(a) February 22, 1960.
(b) March 23, 1993.
(c) October 3, 2003.
(d) December 6, 1977.
15. Who was the New Jersey epidemiologist and assistant commissioner of the Department of Health in 2003?
(a) Dr. Zarar Shaleen.
(b) Eddy Bresnitz, MD.
(c) Dr. John Banas.
(d) Dr. Steven Marcus.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what patient does the author state that ten spent vials of vec had been used on at Saint Luke’s in Part I: Chapter 21?
2. How many siblings did Charlie Cullen have?
3. With what date does the author open Part I: Chapter 1?
4. When does the author say John Dryden “built his Versailles-like mansion in Bernardsville” in Part I: Chapter 24?
5. What was the area code that Charlie Cullen recognized from Warren Hospital on his message note at the psychiatric hospital in Part I: Chapter 11?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)