|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jancsi do to prepare for Kate's coming?
2. Who shows Kate around the ranch?
3. What happens to Kate after her first lesson from Jancsi?
4. What attribute is the shepherd in the mirage story known for?
5. Where does Jancsi and his father pick up Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jancsi say when Kate asks to ride his horse?
2. How does the fairy trick the rich man?
3. How does Kate prepare for her riding lessons with Jancsi?
4. How does Marton reward Kate's good behavior around Easter time?
5. What does Jancsi think after the situation with Kate in the rafters?
6. What does Kate wear on Easter?
7. What is the first sign that Kate is going to cause trouble?
8. What does the letter from Kate's father say?
9. What is the first positive thing Jancsi hears from Kate?
10. What does Kate's egg for Jancsi have on it, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happens when the gypsies stay on Marton's land, and how are things in this scene resolved?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Sandor was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence - however brief - altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)