|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jancsi have to tell Kate about Easter traditions?
2. How is Kate found when she goes missing the second time on her first day?
3. What does Jancsi love most about the ranch hands?
4. Why does Mother want Kate to change her clothes after her first lesson with Jancsi?
5. Why is Marton chosen to help Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor does Pista ask of Kate?
2. How does Marton reward Kate's good behavior around Easter time?
3. Why does Marton leave Kate in the rafters?
4. Why does Kate have to be carried inside the house after her first riding lesson with Jancsi?
5. What animal does Kate like best on the farm, and why?
6. What disappoints Jancsi when he goes to pick up Kate?
7. What does Kate's egg for Jancsi have on it, and why?
8. What does Kate spend most of the time on her ranch doing?
9. What happens to Kate after she steals the wagon?
10. What gift does Pista give Kate, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Sandor was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence - however brief - altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if he had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
What happens when the gypsies stay on Marton's land, and how are things in this scene resolved?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)