|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother do while Marton stacks hay?
(a) Cans food.
(b) Smokes meat.
(c) Collects milk and eggs.
(d) Tends the garden.
2. What do the children help the man dressed as Mikulas do?
(a) Sing hymns.
(b) Scare some children.
(c) Drop off presents.
(d) Say prayers.
3. What does Marton make hay out of?
(b) Oat shoots.
4. How does Kate hope to surprise Marton on the day of the fair?
(a) By doing his chores.
(b) By making a special whip.
(c) By making breakfast.
(d) By decorating the wagon.
5. What is the one thing Kate wishes she had at the farm?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her own room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday does Mikulas compare to?
2. What is the rooster doing when he finds the diamond?
3. What kind of story does Marton ask his wife to tell?
4. What is scarce during the summer?
5. What does Marton give Kate when he sees his surprise on the day of the fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ends up delaying the trip of the man dressed up as Mikulas?
2. What trouble does Kate cause at the circus?
3. How does the family celebrate after the story about the rooster?
4. What does Jancsi do during the stampede?
5. What does Kate want Csaba to do?
6. What does Jancsi spend his money on at the fair?
7. Why does Marton grind his own wheat?
8. How does Jancsi help Kate when she goes swimming?
9. What does Kate hope will happen when her father visits?
10. How does Kate get back home after the gypsies leave?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)