|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate spend her money on at the fair?
(c) Pocket knives.
2. Who helps Kate with her goal while the crops mature?
3. When will Kate's father come to visit?
(a) In the winter.
(b) In the summer.
(c) In the spring.
(d) In the fall.
4. Why does Marton not like the gypsies?
(a) They are not moral.
(b) They carry sickness.
(c) They use bad language.
(d) They are thieves.
5. How does Jancsi feel about the man dressed as Mikulas?
(a) He doesn't like him.
(b) He is amused by him.
(c) He likes him.
(d) He is nervous around him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arpad do?
2. How many horses does Marton plan to sell?
3. Where does Kate teach her lessons?
4. What does Jancsi offer to help his father through the summer?
5. What does Mother do while Marton stacks hay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the big surprise Marton has for Mikulas Day?
2. What does Jancsi spend his money on at the fair?
3. What does Kate hope will happen when her father visits?
4. Why does Marton decide to hold a round-up?
5. Who is Mikulas?
6. What ends up delaying the trip of the man dressed up as Mikulas?
7. How does the family celebrate after the story about the rooster?
8. How does Kate get back home after the gypsies leave?
9. What does Kate want Csaba to do?
10. What trouble does Kate cause at the circus?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)