|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children help the man dressed as Mikulas do?
(a) Scare some children.
(b) Say prayers.
(c) Sing hymns.
(d) Drop off presents.
2. What kind of animals startle the herd while Marton is rounding up his horses to sell?
3. Why is Kate so happy about Marton quickly selling his horses?
(a) Now they can go home faster.
(b) Now he can have extra money.
(c) Now he can play with her.
(d) Now she doesn't have to care for the horses.
4. Where does Marton plan to sell his horses?
(a) The festival.
(b) The church bazaar.
(c) The fair.
(d) The market place.
5. Who does Daniel help?
(a) The Blacksmith.
(b) The Miller.
(c) The Priest.
(d) The Cobbler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate offer to help Marton through the summer?
2. What kind of story does Marton ask his wife to tell?
3. How many sheep does Marton offer the gypsies?
4. Who does Kate ask for help with her surprise for Marton?
5. What does Marton need to grind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jancsi and Kate ask Mikulas to do with what he brought them?
2. Why does Marton call the man who buys his horses a fool?
3. Why does the Sultan let the rooster into the treasury?
4. What lands does Prince Matyas go to?
5. What happens just after Mother tells the story about the rooster?
6. What ends up delaying the trip of the man dressed up as Mikulas?
7. What does Jancsi spend his money on at the fair?
8. Why does the man who buys Marton's horses call him a fool?
9. Why does Marton grind his own wheat?
10. What does Kate hope will happen when her father visits?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)