|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the hay collected into?
2. Where does Marton plan to sell his horses?
(a) The church bazaar.
(b) The market place.
(c) The festival.
(d) The fair.
3. How does the rooster escape the well?
(a) He drinks the water.
(b) He pecks up the rope.
(c) He clings to the edge.
(d) He floats on the water.
4. How does Kate feel when she sees the sunrise on the day of the fair?
5. What does Mikulas bring to homes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Arpad tell?
2. What is scarce during the summer?
3. What does Marton worry could ruin him?
4. How does Kate see to complete her surprise for Marton on the day of the fair?
5. What does Kate offer to help Marton through the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the gypsies always come at harvest time?
2. What ends up delaying the trip of the man dressed up as Mikulas?
3. What does Jancsi spend his money on at the fair?
4. How does Kate avoid being tied up by the gypsies when they want to kidnap her?
5. Why does Marton call the man who buys his horses a fool?
6. What is the big surprise Marton has for Mikulas Day?
7. Why does the Sultan let the rooster into the treasury?
8. Who is Mikulas?
9. What does Matyas learn that the truth to immortality is?
10. What lands does Prince Matyas go to?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)