|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the horses get away from Kate after she steals the wagon?
(a) She jumps off.
(b) She kicks off their bridle.
(c) She whips them too hard.
(d) She drops the reins.
2. Why does Mother want Kate to change her clothes after her first lesson with Jancsi?
(a) They are dirty.
(b) She sees the slit.
(c) She does not like the color of them.
(d) They look too small.
3. What did Kate do after she lost the horses while stealing the wagon?
(a) Walked to the house.
(b) Slept in the wagon.
(c) Ran for help.
(d) Called her father.
4. What is Marton doing when Kate goes missing again on her first day?
(a) Feeding horses.
(b) Fetching water.
(c) Tending the garden.
(d) Baking bread.
5. How does Kate eat dinner on her second day at the ranch?
(a) Standing up.
(b) Kneeling down.
(c) Half sleeping.
(d) Laying down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate have to do before Marton will tell her about the trip to the lambs?
2. What do boys sprinkle on Easter?
3. Who initiates the race as they head to the lambs?
4. What is Kate given for supper on her first night with her uncle?
5. What does Kate get all over herself while preparing for Easter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kate climb to the rafters?
2. What is the first sign that Kate is going to cause trouble?
3. What gift does Pista give Kate, and why?
4. What does Jancsi think of the train and why?
5. How does Kate prepare for her riding lessons with Jancsi?
6. How does Jancsi learn most of his ranching skills?
7. What does Kate's egg for Jancsi have on it, and why?
8. How does Marton reward Kate's good behavior around Easter time?
9. What does Kate wear on Easter?
10. How and why do the animals help the shepherd in the mirage story?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)