|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jancsi offer to teach Kate to do?
(a) Plant seeds.
(b) Cook an omelette.
(c) Ride horses.
(d) Tame a colt.
2. What is Mother doing when Kate goes missing again on her first day?
(a) Tending the garden.
(b) Fetching water.
(c) Feeding horses.
(d) Baking bread.
3. What is Kate compared to by the man who looked after her during the voyage?
(a) A bag of screaming monkeys.
(b) A wolf in sheep's clothing.
(c) A fox in the henhouse.
(d) A passle of rabid cats.
4. What does Kate have to do before Marton will tell her about the trip to the lambs?
(a) Give him a hug.
(b) Write to her father.
(c) Finish her chores.
(d) Drink her milk.
5. What does Kate do when she sees Milky?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Kate after her first lesson from Jancsi?
2. What does Kate do as she rolls around on the ground while being shown around the ranch?
3. Why doesn't Kate like the pigs?
4. Who does Marton receive a letter from after picking up Kate?
5. What does Jancsi rush through the day Kate comes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mistake does Kate make at the Toe Pincer?
2. What animal does Kate like best on the farm, and why?
3. How does Marton reward Kate's good behavior around Easter time?
4. What is the first positive thing Jancsi hears from Kate?
5. What does Kate's egg for Jancsi have on it, and why?
6. How does Kate prepare for her riding lessons with Jancsi?
7. What does the rich man in the mirage story use his soldiers for?
8. How does Kate get to Jancsi's house?
9. How do the soldiers in the mirage story die?
10. What does Kate wear on Easter?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)