|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kate see to complete her surprise for Marton on the day of the fair?
(a) By moonlight.
(b) By candle light.
(c) By lantern light.
(d) By feel in the dark.
2. What parts of the field are not harvested?
(a) The parts on a slope.
(b) The parts with lots of rocks.
(c) The parts with thorns.
(d) The parts with nests.
3. What does Mikulas bring to homes?
4. Who does Daniel help?
(a) The Miller.
(b) The Blacksmith.
(c) The Cobbler.
(d) The Priest.
5. What kind of animals startle the herd while Marton is rounding up his horses to sell?
6. How many fat men steal the diamond from the rooster?
7. What is the one thing Kate wishes she had at the farm?
(a) Her own room.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her clothes.
8. What does Marton promise Kate he will do when her father visits?
(a) Pay him for his trouble.
(b) Convince him to stay.
(c) Adopt Kate.
(d) Help him relax.
9. What does Kate tell Mikulas to do with what he has brought her?
(a) Keep it for himself.
(b) Save it for her sister.
(c) Give it to another child.
(d) Send it to her father.
10. What day is Mikulas Day?
(a) December 6.
(b) November 26.
(c) November 6.
(d) December 16.
11. How many chickens does Marton offer the gypsies?
12. What is Matyi's job?
13. Why is Kate so happy about Marton quickly selling his horses?
(a) Now he can have extra money.
(b) Now they can go home faster.
(c) Now he can play with her.
(d) Now she doesn't have to care for the horses.
14. Where do the kids see the man dressed as Mikulas?
(a) The homestead.
(b) The church.
(c) The barn.
(d) The train station.
15. What does Marton make hay out of?
(c) Oat shoots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the rooster eat at the beehive?
2. What earns Marton the name of the Good Master?
3. What does Marton say will keep the man dressed as Mikulas at his house?
4. What is the diamond found by the rooster?
5. How many pigs do the gypsies steal?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)