|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do boys sprinkle things on at Easter time?
(a) Other boys.
2. What is Pista's occupation?
(c) Inn keeper.
(d) Ferry owner.
3. What disease is Kate recovering from?
4. What is Kate compared to by the man who looked after her during the voyage?
(a) A bag of screaming monkeys.
(b) A wolf in sheep's clothing.
(c) A passle of rabid cats.
(d) A fox in the henhouse.
5. How does Jancsi imagine Kate before she comes?
(a) As a tom boy.
(b) As a city slicker.
(c) As a fairy tale princess.
(d) As a toy doll.
6. How long ago is the story of the mirage set?
(a) Hundreds of years ago.
(b) Millions of years ago.
(c) Fifty years ago.
(d) Thousands of years ago.
7. What happens to Kate after her first lesson from Jancsi?
(a) Her legs go numb.
(b) She gets blisters all over her hands.
(c) All of these.
(d) She goes to bed early.
8. What represents life to Marton on his farm?
9. What animal is Pumi?
10. What does Kate tell Mother she can't do after her first lesson from Jancsi?
(a) Change her clothes.
(b) All of these.
11. What is Kate given for supper on her first night with her uncle?
12. How is Kate found when she goes missing the second time on her first day?
(a) A cat meows.
(b) She sneezes.
(c) She starts snoring.
(d) She starts laughing.
13. What is Kate's favorite farm animal?
14. Why do the soldiers never get any closer to their destination in the mirage?
(a) They are cursed by fairies.
(b) They are heading to a mirage.
(c) They are on the wrong path.
(d) All of these.
15. Who shows Kate around the ranch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate do as she rolls around on the ground while being shown around the ranch?
2. What animal does Marton promise to take Kate to see around Easter time?
3. How does Kate get to the house after her first lesson from Jancsi?
4. What is Mother doing when Kate goes missing again on her first day?
5. What does Kate do while pretending to sleep on the wagon?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)