|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kate's father's occupation?
2. How does Jancsi imagine Kate before she comes?
(a) As a tom boy.
(b) As a city slicker.
(c) As a toy doll.
(d) As a fairy tale princess.
3. What does Jancsi call Kate when she follows him around?
(a) His puppy.
(b) His doppleganger.
(c) His shadow.
(d) His twin.
4. What bad attribute does the man in the mirage story have?
5. What does Mother bake with nuts for Easter?
6. When is Kate the most ruinous?
(a) When she seems innocent.
(b) When she is angry.
(c) When she is tired.
(d) When she is bored.
7. How does Mother solve the problem of Kate's clothes?
(a) She alters Kate's clothes.
(b) She gives her Jancsi's old clothes.
(c) She finds some of her old clothes for Kate.
(d) She makes new clothes.
8. What does Kate have to do before Marton will tell her about the trip to the lambs?
(a) Give him a hug.
(b) Drink her milk.
(c) Finish her chores.
(d) Write to her father.
9. Why does Kate get Milky?
(a) It is a smaller horse.
(b) It is a gift.
(c) Her other horse is sick.
(d) Her other horse can't be around the lambs.
10. How do the horses get away from Kate after she steals the wagon?
(a) She whips them too hard.
(b) She drops the reins.
(c) She jumps off.
(d) She kicks off their bridle.
11. What harmful thing is Kate doing when she goes missing the second time on her first day?
(a) Painting the wall.
(b) Pulling seeds.
(c) Eating sausages.
(d) Wasting water.
12. How does Kate get to the house after her first lesson from Jancsi?
(a) Jancsi brings her crutches.
(b) Marton carries her.
(c) She crawls.
(d) She rides the horse.
13. What is Mother doing when Kate goes missing again on her first day?
(a) Feeding horses.
(b) Tending the garden.
(c) Fetching water.
(d) Baking bread.
14. Where is Kate from?
15. Who dresses up like an old woman in the mirage story?
(a) An angel.
(b) A fairy.
(c) A dryad.
(d) A princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jancsi at the beginning of the book?
2. What is Kate given for supper on her first night with her uncle?
3. Who reports the invasion of the rich man in the mirage story?
4. What attribute is the shepherd in the mirage story known for?
5. What animal is Pumi?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)