|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kate compared to by the man who looked after her during the voyage?
(a) A bag of screaming monkeys.
(b) A passle of rabid cats.
(c) A fox in the henhouse.
(d) A wolf in sheep's clothing.
2. Who does Marton receive a letter from after picking up Kate?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
3. What kills the soldiers in the mirage story?
(a) The animals.
(b) The poppy poison.
(c) The fairy curse.
(d) The rich man.
4. How does Jancsi imagine Kate before she comes?
(a) As a city slicker.
(b) As a fairy tale princess.
(c) As a tom boy.
(d) As a toy doll.
5. What does the old woman in the mirage story say she needs help with?
(a) Feeding her family.
(b) Turning her houses upright.
(c) Penning her animals.
(d) Counting her gold.
6. Who tells the story of the mirage?
7. What does Jancsi do to prepare for Kate's coming?
(a) Hitches the wagon.
(b) Tidies his room.
(c) All of these.
(d) Puts on his Sunday clothes.
8. What is Jancsi's father's name?
9. When is Kate the most ruinous?
(a) When she is bored.
(b) When she is tired.
(c) When she is angry.
(d) When she seems innocent.
10. How long ago is the story of the mirage set?
(a) Millions of years ago.
(b) Hundreds of years ago.
(c) Thousands of years ago.
(d) Fifty years ago.
11. What does Kate do while pretending to sleep on the wagon?
(a) Jumps off.
(b) Pushes Jancsi off.
(c) Cuts the ropes holding her baggage.
(d) Whips the horses.
12. What does Jancsi rush through the day Kate comes?
(a) All of these.
(b) His chores.
(c) His school work.
(d) Getting dressed.
13. What do boys sprinkle on Easter?
(b) Corn meal.
14. How is Kate found when she goes missing the second time on her first day?
(a) She sneezes.
(b) She starts laughing.
(c) She starts snoring.
(d) A cat meows.
15. Who do boys sprinkle things on at Easter time?
(c) Other boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease is Kate recovering from?
2. What happens to the horses after they get away from Kate?
3. What represents life to Marton on his farm?
4. What is Kate given for supper on her first night with her uncle?
5. What did Kate do after she lost the horses while stealing the wagon?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)