|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Kate found when she goes missing the second time on her first day?
(a) She sneezes.
(b) She starts snoring.
(c) She starts laughing.
(d) A cat meows.
2. What does Jancsi do to prepare for Kate's coming?
(a) All of these.
(b) Puts on his Sunday clothes.
(c) Tidies his room.
(d) Hitches the wagon.
3. What does Kate tell Mother she can't do after her first lesson from Jancsi?
(c) All of these.
(d) Change her clothes.
4. How do the horses get away from Kate after she steals the wagon?
(a) She kicks off their bridle.
(b) She whips them too hard.
(c) She drops the reins.
(d) She jumps off.
5. Who is the invasion of the rich man in the mirage story reported to?
(a) The fairy.
(b) The shepherd.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The animals.
6. What does Kate do while pretending to sleep on the wagon?
(a) Cuts the ropes holding her baggage.
(b) Jumps off.
(c) Whips the horses.
(d) Pushes Jancsi off.
7. Where is Kate found the second time she goes missing on her first day?
(a) The cellar.
(b) The rafters.
(c) The barn.
(d) The garden.
8. What did Kate do after she lost the horses while stealing the wagon?
(a) Slept in the wagon.
(b) Walked to the house.
(c) Called her father.
(d) Ran for help.
9. How does Mother solve the problem of Kate's clothes?
(a) She alters Kate's clothes.
(b) She gives her Jancsi's old clothes.
(c) She makes new clothes.
(d) She finds some of her old clothes for Kate.
10. What surprises Kate about the breakfast she has before the trip to the lambs?
(a) She can eat it all.
(b) It goes fast.
(c) She likes it.
(d) It is not enough.
11. What is Mother doing when Kate goes missing again on her first day?
(a) Feeding horses.
(b) Tending the garden.
(c) Fetching water.
(d) Baking bread.
12. What does the old woman in the mirage story say she needs help with?
(a) Turning her houses upright.
(b) Counting her gold.
(c) Penning her animals.
(d) Feeding her family.
13. How does Kate ask to get to Jancsi's house when she is picked up?
(a) She wants to ride a horse.
(b) She wants to walk with Jancsi.
(c) She wantsto drive a wagon.
(d) She wants to take a taxi.
14. How does Kate feel wearing boy's clothes?
15. What does Kate get all over herself while preparing for Easter?
(a) Poppy seeds.
(b) Egg dye.
(d) Poison Ivy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dresses up like an old woman in the mirage story?
2. What happens to Kate's behavior after the incident in the rafters?
3. What is Jancsi's father's name?
4. Why doesn't Kate like the pigs?
5. What kills the soldiers in the mirage story?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)