|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: The Toepincher.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jancsi call Kate when she follows him around?
(a) His puppy.
(b) His doppleganger.
(c) His shadow.
(d) His twin.
2. Where does Jancsi and his father pick up Kate?
(a) The pier.
(b) The village depot.
(c) The bus stop.
(d) The train station.
3. How many horses are saddled for the ride to the lambs?
4. How did the Toepincer get its name?
(a) There are tiny little stones that break sandals.
(b) The field has hidden cacti.
(c) The brook has crawdads.
(d) There are lots of scorpions.
5. Why is Marton chosen to help Kate?
(a) He is a wonderful parent.
(b) He is good with wild things.
(c) He lives far away.
(d) He is knows as a master teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother bake with nuts for Easter?
2. What insult does Kate give Jancsi when he picks her up?
3. What is Kate compared to by the man who looked after her during the voyage?
4. Why is Jancsi so excited for Kate to come stay with him?
5. What happens to Kate after her first lesson from Jancsi?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)