|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do rhubarb and asparagus beds last before they must be rotated?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(c) Two growing seasons.
(d) A decade or more.
2. What was the one negative item about the pond?
(d) The water was always too hot.
3. During the 1970s, how many visitors came to the farm in a year?
(a) 2 to 5.
(b) 200 to 250.
(c) 20 to 25.
(d) 2000 to 2500.
4. What does "pay as you go" mean to the Nearings?
(a) Live within your means without credit.
(b) Pay off all your bills when they are due.
(c) Pay off your student loans.
(d) Pay your credit card statements on time.
5. How many years did it take before the Nearings had blueberries to sell?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 7 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose do the stones serve in the greenhouse?
2. How did the Nearings plant their greenhouse?
3. What, according to the Nearings, did frogs like?
4. How should greenhouses be connected to the existing building?
5. What makes the best fertilizer naturally, according to the Nearings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was building the pond an exercise in patience?
2. When the Nearings visited a farm in Holland, how did the family use compost piles?
3. When the Nearings found a worn-out apple tree near the blueberries, how did they make it grow?
4. How did the Nearings build a greenhouse? What were the important things to consider?
5. Why did the Nearings build their first greenhouse?
6. What were the Nearings thoughts on cold-weather planting?
7. Why did the Nearings believe homesteaders should record everything?
8. What caused the leaks in the pond?
9. What point do the Nearings make about personal style in a home?
10. How were the Nearings gardens like Japanese gardens?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)