|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Continuing the Good LIfe, Chapters Eleven through Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Nearings get most of the clothes they wore?
(a) They too hand-me-downs from neighbors.
(b) They bought them on trips to New York.
(c) They made them from their sheep.
(d) They bought them in thrift shops and rummage sales.
2. According to the author, who defined the "small community"?
(a) The Nearings.
(b) Arthur E. Morgan, Baker Brrownell, and Ralph Borsodi.
(c) Frank Lloyd Wright.
(d) The state.
3. What did most friends of the Nearings dub their guesthouses?
(a) The "homeless inn."
(b) The "free inn."
(c) The "Waldorf."
(d) The "uncomfortable bed inn."
4. Whose ideas of design did the Nearings follow when building their stone homes?
(a) Frank Lloyd Wright.
(b) Frank Ghery.
(c) Louis Sullivan.
(d) Robert Louis Stevenson.
5. What did the Nearings NEVER buy?
(b) Candy, pastries, meats, soft drinks, alcohol, tea, coffee, or tobacco.
(c) Fresh fruits and vegetables.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the best fertilizer naturally, according to the Nearings?
2. How many days was frost possible on the Vermont homestead?
3. Upon arriving in Vermont, who sold the Nearings milk?
4. How did Bretton Brubaker get from his home in Ohio to the farm in Maine?
5. What did Greg Summers, the man from Wisconsin with a background in art, do for cash?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)