|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Continuing the Good LIfe, Chapters Eleven through Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspapers got on board to help the citizens of the valley then the mail was canceled?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Kansas City Star.
(c) The Brattleboro Reformer and the Bennington Banner.
(d) The Chicago Tribune.
2. How did the Nearings keep records of their projects at the farm?
(a) On loose sheets of paper.
(b) In their heads.
(c) In notebooks.
(d) On a computer.
3. In the breakdown of the Nearing's diet, how much of percentage was their intake of fruit?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 20 percent.
(c) 30 percent.
(d) 10 percent.
4. What was the Nearing's sugarhouse stack known for?
(a) It burned hotter than any other stack in the area.
(b) It was made out of stone.
(c) You could see the flame for miles.
(d) It was the first concrete stack in Vermont.
5. What kind of roofs did the Nearings put on their houses?
(c) Low-lying and metal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became the norm at every newcomer's house in the valley in Vermont after the war?
2. What was the relationship between the Nearings and law enforcement?
3. What is "wooding-it?"
4. Whose ideas of design did the Nearings follow when building their stone homes?
5. What did the Nearings later attach to their first stone building?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)