|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Continuing the Good LIfe, Chapters Eleven through Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Nearings find about growing pole beans and sweet peas?
(a) They did not like growing tall plants.
(b) They found they were using longer and higher poles and trellises.
(c) They plants did not have a long growing season.
(d) The greenhouse did not work for tall plants.
2. What kind of furniture did the Nearings use in their new stone home?
(a) Built in.
3. What did the Nearings eat for breakfast?
(a) Fruit, sunflower seeds, and a black molasses drink or tea.
(b) Bacon and eggs.
(c) Fresh fruit and yogurt.
(d) Ice cream.
4. How much does an 18-inch walking space take up in a nine-foot greenhouse?
(a) One-sixth of the total floor space.
(b) A tenth of the total floor space.
(c) One- fourth of the total floor space.
(d) 46 percent of the total floor space.
5. How old were Helen and Scott when the stone garden wall was finished?
(a) 37 and 87.
(b) 57 and 87.
(c) 67 and 87.
(d) 47 and 87.
Short Answer Questions
1. How should greenhouses be connected to the existing building?
2. What was Hancock County, Maine known for?
3. How, according to the Nearings, can you build whole, living, balanced soil?
4. Who taught the Nearings to make maple syrup?
5. How many people visit the farm in Maine?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)