|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Continuing the Good LIfe, Chapters Eleven through Eighteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hills of corn did the Nearings usually plant?
(a) 5 to 10 hills.
(b) 80 to 100 hills.
(c) 1 to 4 hills.
(d) 50 to 60 hills.
2. How long could the Nearings harvest their fall garden?
(a) For 2 to 3 months until night frosts were sufficiently severe.
(b) Throughout the winter.
(c) For about 2 weeks.
(d) For 2 or 3 days.
3. How were the Nearings travel expenses paid when they were asked to speak or lecture?
(a) Their travel expenses were paid for by those who asked them to talk.
(b) They had a travel allowance in their budget.
(c) They had rich relatives.
(d) The borrowed the money.
4. How should greenhouses be connected to the existing building?
(a) To the north side.
(b) Far away from the house.
(c) Above the house on a hillside.
(d) To the south or west side.
5. Who taught the Nearings to make maple syrup?
(a) Zoe and Floyd Hurd.
(b) Harold Field.
(c) Walter Twing.
(d) Nobody. They researched it and learned from books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What level was the kitchen garden in Vermont?
2. What kind of furniture did the Nearings use in their new stone home?
3. What was the nearest airport to the house in Maine?
4. How much would the insurance policy cost to insure the sugarhouse in Vermont?
5. What did the Nearings do with the spring they found in the back of the cellar-hole?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)