|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Life Continues, Chapters Five through Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Nearings compare their gardening style to?
(a) The Chinese way.
(b) The Russian way.
(c) The Japanese way.
(d) The Iowa way.
2. What were colonists who moved from England to New England not concerned with?
3. How many people could the Nearing's Vermont stone home hold for a meeting?
(a) About 10.
(b) Nearly 80.
(c) Over 50.
(d) Almost 40.
4. What is a dowsing rod used to find?
5. How did the Nearings keep records of their projects at the farm?
(a) In their heads.
(b) On a computer.
(c) In notebooks.
(d) On loose sheets of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are cloches?
2. What is "heeling-in?"
3. What was Hancock County, Maine known for?
4. How did the Nearings make applesauce?
5. When the Nearings sent samples of their garden soil to be analyzed by the University of Maine, what were the results?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)