|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Life, Chapters Seven and Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of schedule did the Nearings keep on Sunday?
(a) They had no schedule.
(b) They attended praise worship and then had amatuer music shows in the evening.
(c) They went to church in the morning and worked in the afternoon.
(d) They ate breakfast in silence.
2. Who taught the Nearings to make maple syrup?
(a) Harold Field.
(b) Nobody. They researched it and learned from books.
(c) Walter Twing.
(d) Zoe and Floyd Hurd.
3. What was NEVER used in the compost pile?
4. When the Nearings started their first garden in Vermont, what caused a quagmire and nearly ruined the garden?
(a) A spring on the high side of the garden.
(b) A sinkhole the size of a large truck.
(c) Deer that kept eating the apples.
(d) The threat of fire.
5. What did the Nearings eat from?
(b) Wooden bowls.
(d) Plastic plates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of events were held on Saturday nights in the small Vermont town?
2. How did the Nearlings choke out the weeds around berry plants in Vermont?
3. How much heat does an old-fashioned fireplace allow to go up the chimney?
4. What did the Nearings later attach to their first stone building?
5. In Vermont, what did the Nearings NOT use to keep food cold?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)