|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Life, Chapters Seven and Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Nearings NEVER buy?
(b) Fresh fruits and vegetables.
(c) Candy, pastries, meats, soft drinks, alcohol, tea, coffee, or tobacco.
2. In the breakdown of the Nearing's diet, how much of percentage was their intake of fruit?
(a) 30 percent.
(b) 50 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
3. What did the Nearings have to do to pick their sweet peas?
(a) Hoe the row and pull them out.
(b) Bend and kneel on the ground.
(c) Stand on a stool or ladder.
(d) Put at ladder up in a tree.
4. What, according to the Nearings, is the most extensive and most successful experiment in mulching?
(a) A gravel pit.
(b) The forest floor.
(c) The mountain top.
(d) The river bed.
5. Whose ideas of design did the Nearings follow when building their stone homes?
(a) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(b) Frank Lloyd Wright.
(c) Frank Ghery.
(d) Louis Sullivan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Nearings later attach to their first stone building?
2. Who attended the party when the mail route was restored in Vermont?
3. What happened to the fords that the Nearings built when they first moved to Vermont?
4. How did the Nearings get stones to build their buildings?
5. What two farms did the Nearings buy when they got to Vermont?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)