|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Life, Chapters Seven and Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose ideas of design did the Nearings follow when building their stone homes?
(a) Louis Sullivan.
(b) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(c) Frank Ghery.
(d) Frank Lloyd Wright.
2. Why did the Nearings NOT join a communal experience?
(a) They didn't want to move to Europe.
(b) They didn't want to work with other people.
(c) They didn't want to move to the west coast.
(d) There were none available or functioning into which they could have happily and effectively fit.
3. What direction do the rows in a garden need to be planted to assure maximum sun to the roots?
(a) East and West.
(b) Not in rows, but in pods.
(c) North and South.
(d) At right angles.
4. What kind of furniture did the Nearings use in their new stone home?
(d) Built in.
5. What did the Nearings later attach to their first stone building?
(a) A campsite.
(b) A garage.
(c) A visitor's center.
(d) A well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the relationship between the Nearings and law enforcement?
2. How, according to the Nearings, can you build whole, living, balanced soil?
3. What was the one thing missing from the experiment in Vermont that young couples would need to take into account with a growing family?
4. What did most friends of the Nearings dub their guesthouses?
5. In the breakdown of the Nearing's diet, how was the intake of vegetables broken down?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)