|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Life, Chapters Seven and Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much heat does an old-fashioned fireplace allow to go up the chimney?
(a) 99 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
2. What did the boys serving in the war do to help the valley when the mail was canceled?
(a) Call their representatives.
(b) Write their representatives.
(c) Write lots of letters home.
(d) Stop writing letters.
3. What did the Nearings eat from?
(a) Plastic plates.
(c) Wooden bowls.
4. What kind of schedule did the Nearings keep on Sunday?
(a) They went to church in the morning and worked in the afternoon.
(b) They had no schedule.
(c) They attended praise worship and then had amatuer music shows in the evening.
(d) They ate breakfast in silence.
5. What did the Nearings grow under a heavy hay mulch that required no hoeing, no bugs, no spraying, and almost no digging?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Nearings light their home?
2. How did the Nearings hold the concrete and stones in place to form the wall?
3. What color did the Nearings paint their roof?
4. What kind of events were held on Saturday nights in the small Vermont town?
5. In the breakdown of the Nearing's diet, how much of percentage was their intake of fruit?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)