|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Life, Chapters One through Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Nearings NOT join a communal experience?
(a) There were none available or functioning into which they could have happily and effectively fit.
(b) They didn't want to move to Europe.
(c) They didn't want to move to the west coast.
(d) They didn't want to work with other people.
2. What two farms did the Nearings buy when they got to Vermont?
(a) The Madingly family place.
(b) The Sandusky farm and the Hodges place.
(c) The Vermont farm.
(d) The Ellonen place and the Hoard place.
3. How much did the Nearings pay for the hand concrete mixer?
(d) They traded for it.
4. Where did one enter the Nearing home in Vermont?
(a) Through a side door from the garage.
(b) Through the cellar.
(c) Through a double front door.
(d) Through the door in the kitchen.
5. What, according to the Nearings, is important about keeping an axe?
(a) Keep it inside the house.
(b) Keeping it sharp.
(c) Keep it in the garden so it can be found and used.
(d) Let Helen keep it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of furniture did the Nearings use in their new stone home?
2. What kind of schedule did the Nearings keep on Sunday?
3. How did the Nearings get stones to build their buildings?
4. What color did the Nearings paint their roof?
5. Whose building system did the Nearings follow when building their stone system?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)