|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Life, Chapters One through Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of furniture did the Nearings use in their new stone home?
(b) Built in.
2. What did the Nearings sell as a cash crop in Vermont?
(d) Syrup and sugar.
3. Whose ideas of design did the Nearings follow when building their stone homes?
(a) Louis Sullivan.
(b) Robert Louis Stevenson.
(c) Frank Lloyd Wright.
(d) Frank Ghery.
4. How did the Nearings divide their "jobs to be done" on their card index of activities?
(a) By "clear weather jobs" and "rainy day jobs."
(b) By "cash labor" and "free labor."
(c) By "wood and fuel jobs" and "canning."
(d) By "building projects" and "garden projects."
5. What was 7 miles from the farm in Vermont?
(a) The grocery store.
(b) The Jamaica Post Office.
(c) The ski resorts.
(d) The movie theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Nearings NOT join a communal experience?
2. How did the Nearings get stones to build their buildings?
3. What, according to the Nearings, is important about keeping an axe?
4. How much heat does an old-fashioned fireplace allow to go up the chimney?
5. Whose building system did the Nearings follow when building their stone system?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)