|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Life Continues, Chapters Five through Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are cloches?
(a) Glass enclosures for several plants.
(b) Small paper bag enclosures for individual plants.
(c) Small plastic enclosures for individual plants.
(d) Small glass enclosures for individual plants.
2. How old, according to the Nearings, were they when they decided to move to Vermont?
(a) Approaching fifty.
(b) In their 20s.
(c) 68 and 69.
3. What kind of schedule did the Nearings keep on Sunday?
(a) They went to church in the morning and worked in the afternoon.
(b) They attended praise worship and then had amatuer music shows in the evening.
(c) They had no schedule.
(d) They ate breakfast in silence.
4. What did Walter Twing do on Saturdays?
(a) He did not work.
(b) He collected sap from the trees.
(c) He tended his horses.
(d) He worked in his garden.
5. What did the Nearings use to excavate the pond bed with?
(a) A backhoe.
(c) Post-hole diggers.
(d) Contractors' wheelbarrows with 16-inch wheels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under optimum conditions, when should wheat be ground if you are baking?
2. How did the Nearlings choke out the weeds around berry plants in Vermont?
3. What did the boys serving in the war do to help the valley when the mail was canceled?
4. What is a dowsing rod used to find?
5. How much did the Nearings save by building with the stone system they used?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)