|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Life Continues, Chapters Five through Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What invaded the cellar one winter and ate all the food stored there while the Nearings were away?
(a) Probably a rat or a squirrel.
(b) A stray dog.
(c) A litter of kittens.
(d) A deer.
2. Whose building system did the Nearings follow when building their stone system?
(a) Minnie Pearl.
(c) Ernest Flagg.
(d) Greene and Greene.
3. What kind of events were held on Saturday nights in the small Vermont town?
(a) Square dances.
(b) Swap meets.
(c) Bar dances.
4. What did the Nearings grow under a heavy hay mulch that required no hoeing, no bugs, no spraying, and almost no digging?
5. Within 5 weeks, how hot would the compost pile get?
(a) 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
(b) 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
(c) 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
(d) 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does healthy soil teem with?
2. How did the Nearlings choke out the weeds around berry plants in Vermont?
3. Where did one enter the Nearing home in Vermont?
4. What, according to the Nearings, do white flour products do to a person's health?
5. When the Nearings planted their first garden in Maine, what was the first problem they encountered with local animals?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)