|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Life Continues, Chapters Five through Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Nearings find that made a perfect base for their house in Vermont?
(a) A 26 foot split boulder.
(b) A level meadow.
(c) A cliff overlooking the water.
(d) A rock ledge over a waterfall.
2. What did the Nearings store potatoes, carrots, beets turnips, celery root and apples?
(a) In the refrigerator.
(b) In the greenhouse.
(c) In generous layers of leaves in the cellar.
(d) In the garden, covered.
3. In the breakdown of the Nearing's diet, how much of percentage was their intake of fruit?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 10 percent.
(c) 30 percent.
(d) 20 percent.
4. What kind of furniture did the Nearings use in their new stone home?
(b) Built in.
5. How did the Nearings eat fresh from the garden?
(a) By freezing food.
(b) By eating with the seasons.
(c) By canning early in the season.
(d) By picking produce early and letting it ripen off the vine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Nearings make applesauce?
2. When building the new stone house in Vermont, what did the Nearings include?
3. What is the definition of disease, according to the Nearings?
4. What was the subsoil of the pond area?
5. What percentage of the food they ate did the Nearings produce?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)