|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Life, Chapters Four though Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does healthy soil teem with?
(c) A terrible stench.
(d) Organic life.
2. What did the Nearings later attach to their first stone building?
(a) A garage.
(b) A visitor's center.
(c) A well.
(d) A campsite.
3. What did the Nearings eat from?
(b) Plastic plates.
(c) Wooden bowls.
4. What was served nearly every day for lunch at the Nearings?
(d) Soup and a salad.
5. What did the Nearings find that made a perfect base for their house in Vermont?
(a) A cliff overlooking the water.
(b) A 26 foot split boulder.
(c) A rock ledge over a waterfall.
(d) A level meadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the Nearings, do white flour products do to a person's health?
2. Why did the Nearings like stone buildings?
3. How did the Nearings make applesauce?
4. What, according to the Nearings, is the most extensive and most successful experiment in mulching?
5. How much did the Nearings save by building with the stone system they used?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)