|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Life, Chapters Four though Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Nearings eat from?
(a) Plastic plates.
(d) Wooden bowls.
2. What size were the Nearing's compost piles?
(a) 8 x 8 feet square.
(b) 10 x 16 feet rectangle.
(c) 5 x 5 feet square and deep.
(d) 10 x 10 feet square.
3. Where did one enter the Nearing home in Vermont?
(a) Through the cellar.
(b) Through the door in the kitchen.
(c) Through a side door from the garage.
(d) Through a double front door.
4. What kind of roofs did the Nearings put on their houses?
(a) Low-lying and metal.
5. Under optimum conditions, when should wheat be ground if you are baking?
(a) 1 month before you bake.
(b) Right before you bake.
(c) 3 days before you bake.
(d) 1 week before you bake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the Nearings, is important about keeping an axe?
2. How, according to the Nearings, can you build whole, living, balanced soil?
3. Whose building system did the Nearings follow when building their stone system?
4. In the breakdown of the Nearing's diet, how was the intake of vegetables broken down?
5. How did the Nearings keep records of their projects at the farm?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)