|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Life Continues, Chapters Five through Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What size were the Nearing's compost piles?
(a) 10 x 10 feet square.
(b) 5 x 5 feet square and deep.
(c) 8 x 8 feet square.
(d) 10 x 16 feet rectangle.
2. In Maine, what would an average family of 4 or 5 adults and children require to produce a minimum amount of vegetables?
(a) 70 acres.
(b) A half-acre.
(c) An acre.
(d) A quarter-acre.
3. What did the Nearings eat from?
(c) Plastic plates.
(d) Wooden bowls.
4. Who taught the Nearings to make maple syrup?
(a) Walter Twing.
(b) Nobody. They researched it and learned from books.
(c) Harold Field.
(d) Zoe and Floyd Hurd.
5. How far apart were the Nearing's compost piles?
(a) 1 foot.
(b) 2 feet.
(c) 10 inches.
(d) 18 inches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often did the Nearings have a crop failure with blueberries?
2. How did the Nearings decide to "warn" people before they arrived about life on their farm?
3. What did some people think of the Nearings when they visited them in Vermont?
4. How could a competent wood worker determine where a tree would fall?
5. How high did the blueberry plants get?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)