|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Life Continues, Chapters Five through Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became a big problem for the town when discussing social events that nearly ripped the town apart?
(a) The use of liquor.
(b) The type of music at the dances.
(c) Openly carrying firearms.
(d) Who was welcome at the dances.
2. Who taught the Nearings to make maple syrup?
(a) Nobody. They researched it and learned from books.
(b) Harold Field.
(c) Walter Twing.
(d) Zoe and Floyd Hurd.
3. What level was the kitchen garden in Vermont?
(a) On the level with the house.
(b) At waist-high level.
(c) Below sea level.
(d) Up three steps.
4. How high did the blueberry plants get?
(a) 12 feet.
(b) 3 feet.
(c) 7 feet.
(d) 1 foot.
5. According to the author, who defined the "small community"?
(a) The state.
(b) The Nearings.
(c) Frank Lloyd Wright.
(d) Arthur E. Morgan, Baker Brrownell, and Ralph Borsodi.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the Maine farm was a woodlot?
2. Who attended the party when the mail route was restored in Vermont?
3. Who did Frederick Van de Water represent during the mail battle?
4. Why did the Nearings want a pond?
5. How did the Nearings make applesauce?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)