|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Good Life Continues, Chapters Five through Ten.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What level was the kitchen garden in Vermont?
(a) On the level with the house.
(b) At waist-high level.
(c) Up three steps.
(d) Below sea level.
2. What percentage of the food they ate did the Nearings produce?
(a) 50 percent.
(b) 25 percent.
(c) 10 percent.
(d) 85 percent.
3. What was Hancock County, Maine known for?
(a) As the "ski resort" county.
(b) As the "seaside getaway" county
(c) As the "apple orchard" county.
(d) As one of Maine's "blueberry counties."
4. What is the definition of disease, according to the Nearings?
(b) Something that causes death.
(c) The absence of health.
5. When did the Nearings use bagged commercial fertililzer commonly sold to farmers?
(a) They never touched it.
(b) Once a year in the spring.
(c) Twice a year at planting and harvest.
(d) Once every 5 years to replenish the soil.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the Sunday morning musical events divided?
2. According to the author, who defined the "small community"?
3. What was the Nearing's sugarhouse stack known for?
4. How much of the Maine farm was a woodlot?
5. What size were the Nearing's compost piles?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)