The Good Life, Chapters One through Three
1. How old, according to the Nearings, were they when they decided to move to Vermont?
(a) Approaching fifty.
(c) 68 and 69.
(d) In their 20s.
2. Why did the Nearings NOT join a communal experience?
(a) They didn't want to move to Europe.
(b) There were none available or functioning into which they could have happily and effectively fit.
(c) They didn't want to move to the west coast.
(d) They didn't want to work with other people.
3. Why did the Nearings chose Vermont and not Eastern Pennsylvania?
(a) They wanted a Frank Lloyd Wright house.
(b) They hated the barns in Pennsylvania.
(c) Pennsylvania was too crowded.
(d) The land costs were more reasonable.
4. What was 7 miles from the farm in Vermont?
(a) The ski resorts.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The Jamaica Post Office.
(d) The movie theater.
5. When the Nearings started their first garden in Vermont, what caused a quagmire and nearly ruined the garden?
(a) Deer that kept eating the apples.
(b) The threat of fire.
(c) A sinkhole the size of a large truck.
(d) A spring on the high side of the garden.
This section contains 4,749 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)