|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the group of fairies that come to the rescue of the stranded five in Central Park forgive these fairies for after aiding them?
2. What concern does Kerry have about her alphabet in Chapter 20?
3. Who is the first person to attack the mercenary team from the moonbeam when they first approach Central Park?
4. From where do the group of mercenaries begin their descent in Chapter 18?
5. What do Heather and Morag cause in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Morag find out the identity of Dinnie's fiddle?
2. Why do Heather and Morag begin fighting in Chapter 31?
3. What plan does Morag make with Kerry to try to retrieve the MacPherson Fiddle?
4. How does Kerry react when she runs into Dinnie in Chapter 19?
5. What does Aelric learn about Marion's loyalties after he falls in love with her?
6. How does the group of mercenaries begin their walk to New York from Cornwall?
7. Why does Kerry tell Dinnie she believes to be the reason for Heather and Morag keeping the Macleod Banner in Chapter 29?
8. What does Dinnie do after knocking Kerry to the ground in Chapter 20?
9. How is Dinnie and Kerry's first date described in the book?
10. Why does Magenta tell Kerry she is taking the poppy in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of peace that is presented in the book. How do the book's characters seek peace in their lives and what revelations must they have in order to find it?
Essay Topic 2
Music is a topic seen several times in the book and is something that appears to bring joy and happiness to many of the book's characters.
Part 1) What role does music play in the lives of the fairies in the book?
Part 2) What can we learn about the importance of music based on the portrayal of the MacPherson Fiddle in the book?
Part 3) As far as portraying music in a certain way, what purpose does the author have for including the character Johnny Thunders in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of magic is a leading theme found throughout the book and is responsible for urging the plot forward.
Part 1) What does magic symbolize within the context of the book?
Part 2) What role does magic play in the areas of problem solving and mischief in the book?
Part 3) What might the author wish to teach the reader about the nature of magic based on its presence in the book?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)