|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the festival that the ghosts Johnny Thunders leaves heaven with are celebrating?
2. What does Aelric spend his time doing instead of preparing for battle in Chapter 23?
3. How does Marion react the first time Aelric asks her out?
4. Who does Kerry find out has her poppy at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. How many warriors do the MacLeod's send to find Heather and Morag in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aelric spend his time doing in Chapter 23 rather than preparing for his battle?
2. How are King Tala's mercenaries taken prisoner in Chapter 21?
3. How does Dinnie react to Kerry's theory on why Heather and Morag choose to keep the Macleod Banner?
4. How is Dinnie and Kerry's first date described in the book?
5. How does Morag learn how to fix her broken violin in Chapter 25?
6. How is the MacPherson Fiddle damaged in Chapter 31?
7. How does Dinnie react to the ponytail Heather grows for him?
8. What does Aelric fail to do before his battle with King Tala that gets him stuck in a castle?
9. Why do Heather and Morag begin fighting in Chapter 31?
10. What happens when Kerry and Morag go to Tompkin's Square in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of happiness that is presented in the book. What does happiness mean to the book's characters and what must they go through to find it?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of building character that is presented in the book. What trials and tribulations must the book's characters go through in order to build their character and why do you think the author portrayed character in this way?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the portrayal of drinking presented in the book. What might the author be saying about the repercussions of drinking based on the portrayal of characters like Heather, Morag, or Dinnie in the book?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)