|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of King Tala's stepdaughter?
2. What does Kerry believe Heather and Morag became the night they tore the MacLeod Banner?
3. What does Heather give Dinnie to offer Kerry in Chapter 18?
4. Where do Dinnie and Kerry go on their first date?
5. What concern does Kerry have about her alphabet in Chapter 20?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the concept of unconditional love that is presented in the book. What obstacles must characters like Kerry and Dinnie overcome in order to find unconditional love in their lives and what does this kind of love represent to them?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the presence of rebellion found in the book. How are characters like Heather and Morag portrayed as being rebellious and what purpose does the author have for presenting these characters in this manner?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the portrayal of humans and fairies in the book. What do these two species appear to represent in the book and what is important about their differences?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)