Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of King Tala's stepdaughter?
2. What does Kerry believe Heather and Morag became the night they tore the MacLeod Banner?
3. What does Heather give Dinnie to offer Kerry in Chapter 18?
4. Where do Dinnie and Kerry go on their first date?
5. What concern does Kerry have about her alphabet in Chapter 20?
Examine the author's portrayal of violence in the book. Why does the author choose to use violence in many parts of the book, especially in the interactions between Heather and Morag?
Discuss the concept of building character that is presented in the book. What trials and tribulations must the book's characters go through in order to build their character and why do you think the author portrayed character in this way?
The concept of magic is a leading theme found throughout the book and is responsible for urging the plot forward.
Part 1) What does magic symbolize within the context of the book?
Part 2) What role does magic play in the areas of problem solving and mischief in the book?
Part 3) What might the author wish to teach the reader about the nature of magic based on its presence in the book?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)