Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of King Tala's stepdaughter?
2. What does Kerry believe Heather and Morag became the night they tore the MacLeod Banner?
3. What does Heather give Dinnie to offer Kerry in Chapter 18?
4. Where do Dinnie and Kerry go on their first date?
5. What concern does Kerry have about her alphabet in Chapter 20?
Essay Topic 1
The concept of friendship is an enduring theme found in the book.
Part 1) What might the author be saying about the issues dealt with in friendships based on the portrayal of Heather and Morag in the book?
Part 2) What role does friendship play in the relationships between the fairies and humans in the book?
Part 3) How important does friendship appear to be, considering the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's portrayal of violence in the book. Why does the author choose to use violence in many parts of the book, especially in the interactions between Heather and Morag?
Essay Topic 3
Suffering is a concept shown throughout the book, namely in the character Kerry.
Part 1) How does the author present suffering in the book in characters like Kerry, suffering in health, and Aelric, suffering from forbidden love?
Part 2) What lessons do the characters that suffer appear to learn from their experiences?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)