|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Petal to use a sword in the book?
2. What do the MacLeod sisters steal in Chapter 25?
3. What does Kerry believe Heather and Morag became the night they tore the MacLeod Banner?
4. Who shops for Dinnie's diet in Chapter 13?
5. How is the MacPherson Fiddle damaged in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aelric spend his time doing in Chapter 23 rather than preparing for his battle?
2. How does Morag learn how to fix her broken violin in Chapter 25?
3. Why do Heather and Morag begin fighting in Chapter 31?
4. Why does Kerry tell Dinnie she believes to be the reason for Heather and Morag keeping the Macleod Banner in Chapter 29?
5. Why is the fairy Brannoc depressed in Chapter 15?
6. How is Dinnie and Kerry's first date described in the book?
7. How is Johnny Thunders able to descend from heaven?
8. What does Aelric fail to do before his battle with King Tala that gets him stuck in a castle?
9. What happens when Kerry and Morag go to Tompkin's Square in Chapter 16?
10. What do the fairies in Central Park do when they see the moonbeam first appear?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of conflict resolution is found in many areas of the book. What purpose did the author have for presenting such conflicts in the story and then showing their resolutions afterward?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the portrayal of humans and fairies in the book. What do these two species appear to represent in the book and what is important about their differences?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the portrayal of the different groups of fairies in the book that include the Black Fairies, the Italian Fairies, the Chinese Fairies, and others. What reason did the author have for including such varying groups of fairies within the same species and are there any stereotypes present in the portrayal of these groups?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)