|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of King Tala's stepdaughter?
2. What does Kerry believe Heather and Morag became the night they tore the MacLeod Banner?
3. What does Heather give Dinnie to offer Kerry in Chapter 18?
4. Where do Dinnie and Kerry go on their first date?
5. What concern does Kerry have about her alphabet in Chapter 20?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the concept of unconditional love that is presented in the book. What obstacles must characters like Kerry and Dinnie overcome in order to find unconditional love in their lives and what does this kind of love represent to them?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of abandonment in the book. What impact does being abandoned have on the book's characters especially the five fairies trapped in Central Park?
Essay Topic 3
Competition is a well-used concept presented throughout much of the book, namely between the characters Heather and Morag.
Part 1) What is telling about Heather and Morag's character based on their competitive nature in the book?
Part 2) Based on the portrayal of competition in the book, what might the author be saying about the repercussions of being competitive with others?
Part 3) What lessons do the book's characters learn from being competitive? Is it a positive or negative message?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)