|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into whose bag do the mirror and the poppy accidentally land in Chapter 13?
2. How does Dinnie and Kerry's first date go?
3. Who helps heal some of Kerry's friends in Chapter 22?
4. Who tells Morag where she can get her violin fixed after it breaks?
5. What does Aelric fail to do before being captured that causes him to stay trapped in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the MacPherson Fiddle damaged in Chapter 31?
2. What does Aelric fail to do before his battle with King Tala that gets him stuck in a castle?
3. Why is the fairy Brannoc depressed in Chapter 15?
4. How is Johnny Thunders able to descend from heaven?
5. What does Aelric learn about Marion's loyalties after he falls in love with her?
6. How does Kerry react when she runs into Dinnie in Chapter 19?
7. How are King Tala's mercenaries taken prisoner in Chapter 21?
8. How do the five fairies in Central Park try to get help for their battle in Chapter 30?
9. What plan does Morag make with Kerry to try to retrieve the MacPherson Fiddle?
10. How does the group of mercenaries begin their walk to New York from Cornwall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of relics in the book. What symbolic meaning do the relics and artifacts used in the book mean to the book's characters, namely the MacPherson Fiddle, the Bhat Gwa mirror, and the MacLeod Banner?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the portrayal of humans and fairies in the book. What do these two species appear to represent in the book and what is important about their differences?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of friendship is an enduring theme found in the book.
Part 1) What might the author be saying about the issues dealt with in friendships based on the portrayal of Heather and Morag in the book?
Part 2) What role does friendship play in the relationships between the fairies and humans in the book?
Part 3) How important does friendship appear to be, considering the outcome of the book?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)