|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fairies come to help the five fairies in Central Park in Chapter 30?
2. Where is the shop located where Morag can get her violin fixed?
3. Who traps Aelric and his men in Chapter 30?
4. Who makes friends with the Black Fairies in Chapter 26?
5. Where do the other fairies chase Heather and Morag to in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Dinnie and Kerry's first date described in the book?
2. What happens when Morag tries to exchange the Bhat Gwa mirror for Kerry's poppy?
3. How does Kerry react when she runs into Dinnie in Chapter 19?
4. How does Dinnie react to the ponytail Heather grows for him?
5. How does Dinnie react to Kerry's theory on why Heather and Morag choose to keep the Macleod Banner?
6. What does Aelric learn about Marion's loyalties after he falls in love with her?
7. How does Aelric believe he can make Marion fall in love with him despite being turned down flat?
8. How are King Tala's mercenaries taken prisoner in Chapter 21?
9. How does Morag find out the identity of Dinnie's fiddle?
10. How does Morag learn how to fix her broken violin in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the symbolism of the rare Welsh poppy in the book. What significance does this flower have considering it passed through the hands of nearly all of the book's characters?
Essay Topic 2
The concept of magic is a leading theme found throughout the book and is responsible for urging the plot forward.
Part 1) What does magic symbolize within the context of the book?
Part 2) What role does magic play in the areas of problem solving and mischief in the book?
Part 3) What might the author wish to teach the reader about the nature of magic based on its presence in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The idea of conflict resolution is found in many areas of the book. What purpose did the author have for presenting such conflicts in the story and then showing their resolutions afterward?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)