|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the fairy that is depressed that Petal does not like him believe she truly has feelings for?
2. Who makes friends with the Black Fairies in Chapter 26?
3. What does Aelric fail to do before being captured that causes him to stay trapped in Chapter 30?
4. What does Cal do when Dinnie plays his violin for him?
5. Whose ghost does Morag run into in Chapter 20?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of building character that is presented in the book. What trials and tribulations must the book's characters go through in order to build their character and why do you think the author portrayed character in this way?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of drinking presented in the book. What might the author be saying about the repercussions of drinking based on the portrayal of characters like Heather, Morag, or Dinnie in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of happiness that is presented in the book. What does happiness mean to the book's characters and what must they go through to find it?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)