Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of King Tala's stepdaughter?
2. What does Kerry believe Heather and Morag became the night they tore the MacLeod Banner?
3. What does Heather give Dinnie to offer Kerry in Chapter 18?
4. Where do Dinnie and Kerry go on their first date?
5. What concern does Kerry have about her alphabet in Chapter 20?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the presence of stealing in the book. What might the author be saying about the nature of those who steal based on characters like Kerry and Morag in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism of the rare Welsh poppy in the book. What significance does this flower have considering it passed through the hands of nearly all of the book's characters?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of friendship is an enduring theme found in the book.
Part 1) What might the author be saying about the issues dealt with in friendships based on the portrayal of Heather and Morag in the book?
Part 2) What role does friendship play in the relationships between the fairies and humans in the book?
Part 3) How important does friendship appear to be, considering the outcome of the book?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)