|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heather believe Cal's play to be?
2. What does Cal do when Dinnie plays his violin for him?
3. What kind of animals does the mercenary team first kill when they approach Central Park?
4. Who convinces Kerry to pretend to like Dinnie in order to get his fiddle?
5. Where do the people looking for Heather and Morag spot them at the end of Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are King Tala's mercenaries taken prisoner in Chapter 21?
2. How does Kerry react when she runs into Dinnie in Chapter 19?
3. How does Morag find out the identity of Dinnie's fiddle?
4. Why do Heather and Morag begin fighting in Chapter 31?
5. How is Dinnie and Kerry's first date described in the book?
6. What does Aelric fail to do before his battle with King Tala that gets him stuck in a castle?
7. How does Aelric believe he can make Marion fall in love with him despite being turned down flat?
8. Why does Magenta tell Kerry she is taking the poppy in Chapter 19?
9. Why is the fairy Brannoc depressed in Chapter 15?
10. What plan does Morag make with Kerry to try to retrieve the MacPherson Fiddle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of abandonment in the book. What impact does being abandoned have on the book's characters especially the five fairies trapped in Central Park?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the presence of stealing in the book. What might the author be saying about the nature of those who steal based on characters like Kerry and Morag in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the portrayal of humans and fairies in the book. What do these two species appear to represent in the book and what is important about their differences?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)