|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kerry run into Dinnie in Chapter 19?
2. From where do the group of mercenaries begin their descent in Chapter 18?
3. Why does Kerry promise to keep going out with Dinnie in Chapter 30?
4. Where is the shop located where Morag can get her violin fixed?
5. What does Aelric spend his time doing instead of preparing for battle in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aelric believe he can make Marion fall in love with him despite being turned down flat?
2. What do the fairies in Central Park do when they see the moonbeam first appear?
3. How do the five fairies in Central Park try to get help for their battle in Chapter 30?
4. Why does Kerry tell Dinnie she believes to be the reason for Heather and Morag keeping the Macleod Banner in Chapter 29?
5. How does Morag find out the identity of Dinnie's fiddle?
6. What does Aelric fail to do before his battle with King Tala that gets him stuck in a castle?
7. What does Dinnie do after knocking Kerry to the ground in Chapter 20?
8. What happens when Morag tries to exchange the Bhat Gwa mirror for Kerry's poppy?
9. Why do Heather and Morag begin fighting in Chapter 31?
10. Why does Magenta tell Kerry she is taking the poppy in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of abandonment in the book. What impact does being abandoned have on the book's characters especially the five fairies trapped in Central Park?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the presence of rebellion found in the book. How are characters like Heather and Morag portrayed as being rebellious and what purpose does the author have for presenting these characters in this manner?
Essay Topic 3
Suffering is a concept shown throughout the book, namely in the character Kerry.
Part 1) How does the author present suffering in the book in characters like Kerry, suffering in health, and Aelric, suffering from forbidden love?
Part 2) What lessons do the characters that suffer appear to learn from their experiences?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)