|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the MacLeod sisters meet up with in Chapter 25?
2. Who falls in love with King Tala's stepdaughter?
3. What is the name of the festival that the ghosts Johnny Thunders leaves heaven with are celebrating?
4. What is the name of King Tala's stepdaughter?
5. What does Kerry do to Dinnie when she runs into him in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aelric learn about Marion's loyalties after he falls in love with her?
2. Why does Kerry tell Dinnie she believes to be the reason for Heather and Morag keeping the Macleod Banner in Chapter 29?
3. What does Dinnie do after knocking Kerry to the ground in Chapter 20?
4. What does Aelric spend his time doing in Chapter 23 rather than preparing for his battle?
5. Why do Heather and Morag begin fighting in Chapter 31?
6. How does Morag learn how to fix her broken violin in Chapter 25?
7. What does Aelric fail to do before his battle with King Tala that gets him stuck in a castle?
8. What happens when Kerry and Morag go to Tompkin's Square in Chapter 16?
9. How does Dinnie react to the ponytail Heather grows for him?
10. Why is the fairy Brannoc depressed in Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Music is a topic seen several times in the book and is something that appears to bring joy and happiness to many of the book's characters.
Part 1) What role does music play in the lives of the fairies in the book?
Part 2) What can we learn about the importance of music based on the portrayal of the MacPherson Fiddle in the book?
Part 3) As far as portraying music in a certain way, what purpose does the author have for including the character Johnny Thunders in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's portrayal of violence in the book. Why does the author choose to use violence in many parts of the book, especially in the interactions between Heather and Morag?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of the rare Welsh poppy in the book. What significance does this flower have considering it passed through the hands of nearly all of the book's characters?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)