|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fairies find Magenta in Chapter 28?
2. How does Dinnie react when Kerry shares her theory on why she thinks Heather and Morag choose to keep the MacLeod Banner?
3. What procedure does Kerry have to get in the hospital in Chapter 22?
4. Who distracts Aelric in Chapter 20?
5. Who helps heal some of Kerry's friends in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Aelric believe he can make Marion fall in love with him despite being turned down flat?
2. Why does Kerry tell Dinnie she believes to be the reason for Heather and Morag keeping the Macleod Banner in Chapter 29?
3. How are King Tala's mercenaries taken prisoner in Chapter 21?
4. How is the MacPherson Fiddle damaged in Chapter 31?
5. What do the fairies in Central Park do when they see the moonbeam first appear?
6. What plan does Morag make with Kerry to try to retrieve the MacPherson Fiddle?
7. How does Morag learn how to fix her broken violin in Chapter 25?
8. How does Dinnie react to Kerry's theory on why Heather and Morag choose to keep the Macleod Banner?
9. What does Dinnie do after knocking Kerry to the ground in Chapter 20?
10. What happens when Kerry and Morag go to Tompkin's Square in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of drinking presented in the book. What might the author be saying about the repercussions of drinking based on the portrayal of characters like Heather, Morag, or Dinnie in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of peace that is presented in the book. How do the book's characters seek peace in their lives and what revelations must they have in order to find it?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the presence of rebellion found in the book. How are characters like Heather and Morag portrayed as being rebellious and what purpose does the author have for presenting these characters in this manner?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)