|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fairies come to help the five fairies in Central Park in Chapter 30?
2. What does Aelric learn Marion is building that could help him get her to date him?
3. What does Aelric fail to do before being captured that causes him to stay trapped in Chapter 30?
4. Who is trying to trade the Bhat Gwa mirror for Kerry's poppy in Chapter 13?
5. Who shops for Dinnie's diet in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the symbolism of the rare Welsh poppy in the book. What significance does this flower have considering it passed through the hands of nearly all of the book's characters?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of peace that is presented in the book. How do the book's characters seek peace in their lives and what revelations must they have in order to find it?
Essay Topic 3
Suffering is a concept shown throughout the book, namely in the character Kerry.
Part 1) How does the author present suffering in the book in characters like Kerry, suffering in health, and Aelric, suffering from forbidden love?
Part 2) What lessons do the characters that suffer appear to learn from their experiences?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)