|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the MacLeod sisters meet up with in Chapter 25?
2. What does Heather believe Cal's play to be?
3. Who does Dinnie's ponytail attract attention from?
4. What does Cal do when Dinnie plays his violin for him?
5. Where is the MacPherson Fiddle left in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kerry tell Dinnie she believes to be the reason for Heather and Morag keeping the Macleod Banner in Chapter 29?
2. How does Morag find out the identity of Dinnie's fiddle?
3. Why do Heather and Morag begin fighting in Chapter 31?
4. What does Aelric fail to do before his battle with King Tala that gets him stuck in a castle?
5. What happens when Kerry and Morag go to Tompkin's Square in Chapter 16?
6. What does Aelric spend his time doing in Chapter 23 rather than preparing for his battle?
7. How does the group of mercenaries begin their walk to New York from Cornwall?
8. How is the MacPherson Fiddle damaged in Chapter 31?
9. What do the fairies in Central Park do when they see the moonbeam first appear?
10. How are King Tala's mercenaries taken prisoner in Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of abandonment in the book. What impact does being abandoned have on the book's characters especially the five fairies trapped in Central Park?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of unconditional love that is presented in the book. What obstacles must characters like Kerry and Dinnie overcome in order to find unconditional love in their lives and what does this kind of love represent to them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of art in the book. What role does art play in the book and what reason might the author have for portraying it in this manner?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)