|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aelric learn Marion is building that could help him get her to date him?
2. Why does Kerry promise to keep going out with Dinnie in Chapter 30?
3. How many warriors do the MacLeod's send to find Heather and Morag in New York?
4. What kind of fairies come to help the five fairies in Central Park in Chapter 30?
5. Who is trying to trade the Bhat Gwa mirror for Kerry's poppy in Chapter 13?
Essay Topic 1
Competition is a well-used concept presented throughout much of the book, namely between the characters Heather and Morag.
Part 1) What is telling about Heather and Morag's character based on their competitive nature in the book?
Part 2) Based on the portrayal of competition in the book, what might the author be saying about the repercussions of being competitive with others?
Part 3) What lessons do the book's characters learn from being competitive? Is it a positive or negative message?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of abandonment in the book. What impact does being abandoned have on the book's characters especially the five fairies trapped in Central Park?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of building character that is presented in the book. What trials and tribulations must the book's characters go through in order to build their character and why do you think the author portrayed character in this way?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)