|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of fairies comes to the rescue of the stranded five in Central Park?
2. What do the group of fairies that come to the rescue of the stranded five in Central Park forgive these fairies for after aiding them?
3. Who is trying to trade the Bhat Gwa mirror for Kerry's poppy in Chapter 13?
4. Why does Dinnie become annoyed with Heather in Chapter 20?
5. Who tells Morag where she can get her violin fixed after it breaks?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dinnie react to the ponytail Heather grows for him?
2. How does Aelric believe he can make Marion fall in love with him despite being turned down flat?
3. Why do Heather and Morag begin fighting in Chapter 31?
4. How does Morag find out the identity of Dinnie's fiddle?
5. What does Aelric fail to do before his battle with King Tala that gets him stuck in a castle?
6. Why does Magenta tell Kerry she is taking the poppy in Chapter 19?
7. Why is the fairy Brannoc depressed in Chapter 15?
8. What happens when Morag tries to exchange the Bhat Gwa mirror for Kerry's poppy?
9. What plan does Morag make with Kerry to try to retrieve the MacPherson Fiddle?
10. Why does Kerry tell Dinnie she believes to be the reason for Heather and Morag keeping the Macleod Banner in Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of peace that is presented in the book. How do the book's characters seek peace in their lives and what revelations must they have in order to find it?
Essay Topic 2
Competition is a well-used concept presented throughout much of the book, namely between the characters Heather and Morag.
Part 1) What is telling about Heather and Morag's character based on their competitive nature in the book?
Part 2) Based on the portrayal of competition in the book, what might the author be saying about the repercussions of being competitive with others?
Part 3) What lessons do the book's characters learn from being competitive? Is it a positive or negative message?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of art in the book. What role does art play in the book and what reason might the author have for portraying it in this manner?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)