|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes friends with the Black Fairies in Chapter 26?
2. Where does Kerry run into Dinnie in Chapter 19?
3. Whose ghost does Morag run into in Chapter 20?
4. What does Heather believe Cal's play to be?
5. What kind of fairies come to help the five fairies in Central Park in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the five fairies in Central Park try to get help for their battle in Chapter 30?
2. Why is the fairy Brannoc depressed in Chapter 15?
3. How is the MacPherson Fiddle damaged in Chapter 31?
4. What does Aelric spend his time doing in Chapter 23 rather than preparing for his battle?
5. What happens when Kerry and Morag go to Tompkin's Square in Chapter 16?
6. What do the fairies in Central Park do when they see the moonbeam first appear?
7. Why does Magenta tell Kerry she is taking the poppy in Chapter 19?
8. Why does Kerry tell Dinnie she believes to be the reason for Heather and Morag keeping the Macleod Banner in Chapter 29?
9. Why do Heather and Morag begin fighting in Chapter 31?
10. How does Morag find out the identity of Dinnie's fiddle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Music is a topic seen several times in the book and is something that appears to bring joy and happiness to many of the book's characters.
Part 1) What role does music play in the lives of the fairies in the book?
Part 2) What can we learn about the importance of music based on the portrayal of the MacPherson Fiddle in the book?
Part 3) As far as portraying music in a certain way, what purpose does the author have for including the character Johnny Thunders in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's portrayal of violence in the book. Why does the author choose to use violence in many parts of the book, especially in the interactions between Heather and Morag?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the symbolism of the rare Welsh poppy in the book. What significance does this flower have considering it passed through the hands of nearly all of the book's characters?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)