|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What of Kerry's does Heather try and get Dinnie to like in Chapter 17?
2. What does Aelric spend his time doing instead of preparing for battle in Chapter 23?
3. What does Kerry believe Heather and Morag became the night they tore the MacLeod Banner?
4. What kind of fairies attacked the fairies in Central Park for trying to take whiskey?
5. Where do the other fairies chase Heather and Morag to in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are King Tala's mercenaries taken prisoner in Chapter 21?
2. How does Dinnie react to Kerry's theory on why Heather and Morag choose to keep the Macleod Banner?
3. What happens when Kerry and Morag go to Tompkin's Square in Chapter 16?
4. How is Dinnie and Kerry's first date described in the book?
5. How is the MacPherson Fiddle damaged in Chapter 31?
6. What do the fairies in Central Park do when they see the moonbeam first appear?
7. What does Dinnie do after knocking Kerry to the ground in Chapter 20?
8. How does Dinnie react to the ponytail Heather grows for him?
9. Why does Kerry tell Dinnie she believes to be the reason for Heather and Morag keeping the Macleod Banner in Chapter 29?
10. What plan does Morag make with Kerry to try to retrieve the MacPherson Fiddle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the portrayal of humans and fairies in the book. What do these two species appear to represent in the book and what is important about their differences?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of building character that is presented in the book. What trials and tribulations must the book's characters go through in order to build their character and why do you think the author portrayed character in this way?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of magic is a leading theme found throughout the book and is responsible for urging the plot forward.
Part 1) What does magic symbolize within the context of the book?
Part 2) What role does magic play in the areas of problem solving and mischief in the book?
Part 3) What might the author wish to teach the reader about the nature of magic based on its presence in the book?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)