|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kerry believe Heather and Morag became the night they tore the MacLeod Banner?
2. What kind of fairies chase Morag in Chapter 18?
3. Where is the festival that Kerry and Morag attend in Chapter 16 located?
4. What do the fairies find in Magenta's bag that they take in Chapter 28?
5. Who does Dinnie's ponytail attract attention from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are King Tala's mercenaries taken prisoner in Chapter 21?
2. What happens when Morag tries to exchange the Bhat Gwa mirror for Kerry's poppy?
3. How does Aelric believe he can make Marion fall in love with him despite being turned down flat?
4. How is Johnny Thunders able to descend from heaven?
5. What do the fairies in Central Park do when they see the moonbeam first appear?
6. What plan does Morag make with Kerry to try to retrieve the MacPherson Fiddle?
7. What happens when Kerry and Morag go to Tompkin's Square in Chapter 16?
8. What does Aelric spend his time doing in Chapter 23 rather than preparing for his battle?
9. How does Morag find out the identity of Dinnie's fiddle?
10. Why does Kerry tell Dinnie she believes to be the reason for Heather and Morag keeping the Macleod Banner in Chapter 29?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the portrayal of the different groups of fairies in the book that include the Black Fairies, the Italian Fairies, the Chinese Fairies, and others. What reason did the author have for including such varying groups of fairies within the same species and are there any stereotypes present in the portrayal of these groups?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of happiness that is presented in the book. What does happiness mean to the book's characters and what must they go through to find it?
Essay Topic 3
Suffering is a concept shown throughout the book, namely in the character Kerry.
Part 1) How does the author present suffering in the book in characters like Kerry, suffering in health, and Aelric, suffering from forbidden love?
Part 2) What lessons do the characters that suffer appear to learn from their experiences?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)