|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who distracts Aelric in Chapter 20?
2. What kind of fairies chase Heather in Chapter 18?
3. What does Aelric spend his time doing instead of preparing for battle in Chapter 23?
4. Who does Kerry recover from her hospital stay with in Chapter 23?
5. What do Heather and Morag cause in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Morag learn how to fix her broken violin in Chapter 25?
2. How is Johnny Thunders able to descend from heaven?
3. What does Aelric fail to do before his battle with King Tala that gets him stuck in a castle?
4. How does Aelric believe he can make Marion fall in love with him despite being turned down flat?
5. How does Dinnie react to Kerry's theory on why Heather and Morag choose to keep the Macleod Banner?
6. How is the MacPherson Fiddle damaged in Chapter 31?
7. What does Dinnie do after knocking Kerry to the ground in Chapter 20?
8. What does Aelric learn about Marion's loyalties after he falls in love with her?
9. What do the fairies in Central Park do when they see the moonbeam first appear?
10. How do the five fairies in Central Park try to get help for their battle in Chapter 30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of magic is a leading theme found throughout the book and is responsible for urging the plot forward.
Part 1) What does magic symbolize within the context of the book?
Part 2) What role does magic play in the areas of problem solving and mischief in the book?
Part 3) What might the author wish to teach the reader about the nature of magic based on its presence in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the symbolism of the rare Welsh poppy in the book. What significance does this flower have considering it passed through the hands of nearly all of the book's characters?
Essay Topic 3
Music is a topic seen several times in the book and is something that appears to bring joy and happiness to many of the book's characters.
Part 1) What role does music play in the lives of the fairies in the book?
Part 2) What can we learn about the importance of music based on the portrayal of the MacPherson Fiddle in the book?
Part 3) As far as portraying music in a certain way, what purpose does the author have for including the character Johnny Thunders in the book?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)