|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kerry promise to keep going out with Dinnie in Chapter 30?
2. What is the name of the festival that the ghosts Johnny Thunders leaves heaven with are celebrating?
3. Where is the MacPherson Fiddle left in Chapter 31?
4. What kind of fairies find Magenta in Chapter 28?
5. Who does the fairy that is depressed that Petal does not like him believe she truly has feelings for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are King Tala's mercenaries taken prisoner in Chapter 21?
2. How does Morag find out the identity of Dinnie's fiddle?
3. Why is the fairy Brannoc depressed in Chapter 15?
4. How does Dinnie react to Kerry's theory on why Heather and Morag choose to keep the Macleod Banner?
5. What plan does Morag make with Kerry to try to retrieve the MacPherson Fiddle?
6. How does Kerry react when she runs into Dinnie in Chapter 19?
7. What do the fairies in Central Park do when they see the moonbeam first appear?
8. How does the group of mercenaries begin their walk to New York from Cornwall?
9. How does Dinnie react to the ponytail Heather grows for him?
10. What does Aelric spend his time doing in Chapter 23 rather than preparing for his battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of art in the book. What role does art play in the book and what reason might the author have for portraying it in this manner?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of unconditional love that is presented in the book. What obstacles must characters like Kerry and Dinnie overcome in order to find unconditional love in their lives and what does this kind of love represent to them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of peace that is presented in the book. How do the book's characters seek peace in their lives and what revelations must they have in order to find it?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)