|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fairies chase Morag in Chapter 18?
2. What does Kerry believe Heather and Morag became the night they tore the MacLeod Banner?
3. Where is the festival that Kerry and Morag attend in Chapter 16 located?
4. What is the name of the female lead in Cal's play?
5. Where is the MacPherson Fiddle left in Chapter 31?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kerry tell Dinnie she believes to be the reason for Heather and Morag keeping the Macleod Banner in Chapter 29?
2. How do the five fairies in Central Park try to get help for their battle in Chapter 30?
3. Why is the fairy Brannoc depressed in Chapter 15?
4. How does Aelric believe he can make Marion fall in love with him despite being turned down flat?
5. What does Dinnie do after knocking Kerry to the ground in Chapter 20?
6. How does Kerry react when she runs into Dinnie in Chapter 19?
7. What does Aelric spend his time doing in Chapter 23 rather than preparing for his battle?
8. What does Aelric fail to do before his battle with King Tala that gets him stuck in a castle?
9. How is Johnny Thunders able to descend from heaven?
10. How does the group of mercenaries begin their walk to New York from Cornwall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of drinking presented in the book. What might the author be saying about the repercussions of drinking based on the portrayal of characters like Heather, Morag, or Dinnie in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of relics in the book. What symbolic meaning do the relics and artifacts used in the book mean to the book's characters, namely the MacPherson Fiddle, the Bhat Gwa mirror, and the MacLeod Banner?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the concept of unconditional love that is presented in the book. What obstacles must characters like Kerry and Dinnie overcome in order to find unconditional love in their lives and what does this kind of love represent to them?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)