|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Heather and Morag cause in Chapter 31?
2. What does Aelric spend his time doing instead of preparing for battle in Chapter 23?
3. What kind of ghosts is Johnny Thunders able to descend heaven with?
4. Who convinces Kerry to pretend to like Dinnie in order to get his fiddle?
5. What does Marion need for the project she is working on that Aelric wishes to find for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dinnie do after knocking Kerry to the ground in Chapter 20?
2. How does Morag learn how to fix her broken violin in Chapter 25?
3. Why does Magenta tell Kerry she is taking the poppy in Chapter 19?
4. How does Dinnie react to the ponytail Heather grows for him?
5. What plan does Morag make with Kerry to try to retrieve the MacPherson Fiddle?
6. How does the group of mercenaries begin their walk to New York from Cornwall?
7. How is the MacPherson Fiddle damaged in Chapter 31?
8. How are King Tala's mercenaries taken prisoner in Chapter 21?
9. Why does Kerry tell Dinnie she believes to be the reason for Heather and Morag keeping the Macleod Banner in Chapter 29?
10. How does Dinnie react to Kerry's theory on why Heather and Morag choose to keep the Macleod Banner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of conflict resolution is found in many areas of the book. What purpose did the author have for presenting such conflicts in the story and then showing their resolutions afterward?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of relics in the book. What symbolic meaning do the relics and artifacts used in the book mean to the book's characters, namely the MacPherson Fiddle, the Bhat Gwa mirror, and the MacLeod Banner?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the presence of rebellion found in the book. How are characters like Heather and Morag portrayed as being rebellious and what purpose does the author have for presenting these characters in this manner?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)