|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the homeless woman wandering the streets in Chapter 3 believe she is?
2. Why is the crowd ignoring Kerry's friend who is reading in Chapter 11?
3. Where does Heather tell Dinnie she and Morag sought shelter in a castle the night they were thrown out of Scotland?
4. How does Dinnie first react to being taught to play the violin?
5. Who does Kerry believe stole her poppy in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the atmosphere of the gallery that Kerry chases Magenta into in Chapter 11 described?
2. How do Tulip and Petal feel about their father just after landing in Central Park?
3. How does Dinnie perform when Heather coerces him into playing his violin in a Scottish bar?
4. How does Heather help Dinnie earn money playing the violin?
5. Describe Heather and Morag's argument in Chapter 3.
6. How does Aelric prepare to battle King Tala in Chapter 9?
7. How does Morag first describe the MacPherson Fiddle to Dinnie?
8. How does Heather tell Dinnie she and Morag were thrown out of Scotland?
9. How does Heather discover the owner of the MacPherson Fiddle?
10. How is Kerry planning to make her Celtic Alphabet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Music is a topic seen several times in the book and is something that appears to bring joy and happiness to many of the book's characters.
Part 1) What role does music play in the lives of the fairies in the book?
Part 2) What can we learn about the importance of music based on the portrayal of the MacPherson Fiddle in the book?
Part 3) As far as portraying music in a certain way, what purpose does the author have for including the character Johnny Thunders in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of relics in the book. What symbolic meaning do the relics and artifacts used in the book mean to the book's characters, namely the MacPherson Fiddle, the Bhat Gwa mirror, and the MacLeod Banner?
Essay Topic 3
The idea of conflict resolution is found in many areas of the book. What purpose did the author have for presenting such conflicts in the story and then showing their resolutions afterward?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)