|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the fairies who steal Kerry's poppy in Chapter 12 want for ransom?
2. What country were Heather and Morag thrown out of?
3. What is stolen from Dinnie while he plays his instrument in Chapter 5?
4. What is the name of the artifact that Heather and Morag accidentally destroy in a Scottish castle?
5. Who begins playing a fiddle to help the crowd relax in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dinnie perform when Heather coerces him into playing his violin in a Scottish bar?
2. What advice does Heather give to Dinnie to help him win over Kerry?
3. Describe Heather's attempts to teach Dinnie to play the violin in Chapter 6.
4. How does Heather discover the owner of the MacPherson Fiddle?
5. How do Tulip and Petal feel about their father just after landing in Central Park?
6. Why are the Italian fairies angry at the end of Chapter 9?
7. How does Heather tell Dinnie she and Morag were thrown out of Scotland?
8. Describe Heather and Morag's argument in Chapter 3.
9. What does Heather do when she comes across a dead homeless person in Chapter 7?
10. What happens after Kerry retrieves her stolen poppy from Magenta in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the portrayal of art in the book. What role does art play in the book and what reason might the author have for portraying it in this manner?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of unconditional love that is presented in the book. What obstacles must characters like Kerry and Dinnie overcome in order to find unconditional love in their lives and what does this kind of love represent to them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of happiness that is presented in the book. What does happiness mean to the book's characters and what must they go through to find it?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)