|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steals the poppy from the dead homeless person in Chapter 7?
2. Where do Heather and Morag pass out that leads to them being taken from their hometown?
3. What does Dinnie agree to give to Heather if she helps him to win Kerry's affections?
4. What is the name of the king who is Tulip and Petal's father?
5. What kind of band do Heather and Morag wish to start together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Heather's attempts to teach Dinnie to play the violin in Chapter 6.
2. How does Heather discover the owner of the MacPherson Fiddle?
3. How does Aelric prepare to battle King Tala in Chapter 9?
4. How does the author describe Crohn's disease, which Kerry suffers from?
5. How does Morag first describe the MacPherson Fiddle to Dinnie?
6. How are Magenta's delusions described in Chapter 3?
7. What does Heather do when she comes across a dead homeless person in Chapter 7?
8. What does Morag do after seeing some lobsters being held in a restaurant tank?
9. Why does Kerry say that her boyfriend Cal broke up with her?
10. How does the author first describe Johnny Thunders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Suffering is a concept shown throughout the book, namely in the character Kerry.
Part 1) How does the author present suffering in the book in characters like Kerry, suffering in health, and Aelric, suffering from forbidden love?
Part 2) What lessons do the characters that suffer appear to learn from their experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of building character that is presented in the book. What trials and tribulations must the book's characters go through in order to build their character and why do you think the author portrayed character in this way?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the portrayal of drinking presented in the book. What might the author be saying about the repercussions of drinking based on the portrayal of characters like Heather, Morag, or Dinnie in the book?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)