|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Heather hiding when discovering the whereabouts of the magical violin?
(a) In Kerry's closet.
(b) Under Dinnie's bed.
(c) In Dinnie's closet.
(d) Outside Kerry's window.
2. What do Heather and Dinnie fight over at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Dinnie's rudeness.
(b) Heather's rudeness.
(c) Dinnie's unwillingness to learn the fiddle.
(d) Heather's pushiness.
3. What does Kerry shoplift in Chapter 7?
(a) A violin.
(b) A mirror.
(c) A banner.
(d) A cup.
4. Where are Tulip and Petal from?
5. What kind of piece is Kerry's friend reading in Chapter 11?
(a) An encyclopedia.
(b) A poem.
(c) A song.
(d) A novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dinnie's neighbor choose to wear in her hair in Chapter 2?
2. Which band's songs did Kerry's ex-boyfriend wish to teach her?
3. Who gives Kerry a flower for her alphabet at the beginning of Chapter 11?
4. What is the name of the mirror that the Chinese fairies accuse Morag of stealing?
5. What is the name of the fairy who tries to convince the others to look for alcohol in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Morag first describe the MacPherson Fiddle to Dinnie?
2. How do Heather and Morag react to Dinnie's violin playing?
3. How are Magenta's delusions described in Chapter 3?
4. How do Heather and Morag end up in New York City?
5. How does Heather discover the owner of the MacPherson Fiddle?
6. How does the author describe Crohn's disease, which Kerry suffers from?
7. How does the author first describe Johnny Thunders?
8. How does Heather tell Dinnie she and Morag were thrown out of Scotland?
9. How does Heather try to get Dinnie to give her the MacPherson Fiddle in Chapter 10?
10. How does Dinnie perform when Heather coerces him into playing his violin in a Scottish bar?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)