|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dinnie first react to being taught to play the violin?
2. Who does the homeless woman wandering the streets in Chapter 3 believe she is?
3. Where does Heather sit on Dinnie as she tells him how she and Morag were thrown out of Scotland?
(a) In his briefcase.
(b) His head.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) His shoulder.
4. What do Petal and Tulip fear their father will do to them in Chapter 4?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Starve them.
(c) Force them to marry.
(d) Imprison them.
5. What kind of piece is Kerry's friend reading in Chapter 11?
(a) A poem.
(b) An encyclopedia.
(c) A novel.
(d) A song.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Heather and Morag pass out that leads to them being taken from their hometown?
2. What is Kerry upset about at the beginning of Chapter 8?
3. What is the name of the guitarist who descends from heaven?
4. What kind of sea creatures does Morag see in a tank and is saddened?
5. What do the fairies who steal Kerry's poppy in Chapter 12 want for ransom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Heather and Morag react to Dinnie's violin playing?
2. Why do the Chinese fairies become angry when Kerry shoplifts a mirror from them?
3. How does Aelric prepare to battle King Tala in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Kerry say that her boyfriend Cal broke up with her?
5. Describe Heather's attempts to teach Dinnie to play the violin in Chapter 6.
6. How does Heather help Dinnie earn money playing the violin?
7. What advice does Heather give to Dinnie to help him win over Kerry?
8. How does Heather tell Dinnie she and Morag were thrown out of Scotland?
9. How are Magenta's delusions described in Chapter 3?
10. How do Heather and Morag end up in New York City?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)