|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom do Heather and Morag look for a flower in Chapter 7?
2. What fate does Morag tell Kerry that the magical violin that a fairy created was believed to have had?
(a) It was buried.
(b) It was destroyed.
(c) It was thrown in the sea.
(d) It was hidden.
3. What happens to the fiddle that the person begins playing in Chapter 11?
(a) It is polished.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) It is destroyed.
(d) It is lost.
4. What kind of alcohol does the fairy try and convince others to look for in Chapter 12?
5. What word best describes Heather and Morag in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the army the homeless woman wandering the streets in Chapter 3 believes she is watching out for?
2. Who does Kerry believe stole her poppy in Chapter 10?
3. How does Heather tell Dinnie to fix his hair to be more attractive to women?
4. What instrument did Kerry's ex-boyfriend promise to teach her?
5. What band did the guitarist who descends from heaven play for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Heather help Dinnie earn money playing the violin?
2. Describe Heather and Morag's argument in Chapter 3.
3. How do Heather and Morag end up in New York City?
4. How do Heather and Morag react to Dinnie's violin playing?
5. How does Aelric prepare to battle King Tala in Chapter 9?
6. How are Magenta's delusions described in Chapter 3?
7. How does Dinnie perform when Heather coerces him into playing his violin in a Scottish bar?
8. How does the author describe Crohn's disease, which Kerry suffers from?
9. What happens after Kerry retrieves her stolen poppy from Magenta in Chapter 12?
10. How does Morag destroy her fiddle?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)