|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the crowd ignoring Kerry's friend who is reading in Chapter 11?
(a) The cold.
(b) The heat.
(c) They are drugged.
(d) They are bored.
2. What is the name of the man who is looking for his homemade alcoholic drink?
3. What is the name of the homeless woman introduced in Chapter 3?
4. What instrument does Dinnie play in the book?
5. What is Morag afraid she will have after experiencing some bad luck in Chapter 11?
(b) Bad karma.
(c) Good luck.
6. Who steals the poppy from the dead homeless person in Chapter 7?
7. What instrument did Kerry's ex-boyfriend promise to teach her?
8. Where does Heather sit on Dinnie as she tells him how she and Morag were thrown out of Scotland?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His head.
(c) In his briefcase.
(d) In his pocket.
9. What kind of piece is Kerry's friend reading in Chapter 11?
(a) An encyclopedia.
(b) A novel.
(c) A song.
(d) A poem.
10. Which band's songs did Kerry's ex-boyfriend wish to teach her?
(b) New York Dolls.
(c) The Go Go's.
11. How does Dinnie react when Heather talks him into playing his violin at a club?
12. What do Heather and Dinnie fight over at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Heather's rudeness.
(b) Heather's pushiness.
(c) Dinnie's unwillingness to learn the fiddle.
(d) Dinnie's rudeness.
13. Where are Tulip and Petal from?
14. Who begins raising a group of mercenaries to go after Petal and Tulip in Chapter 10?
15. What is the name of the leader of the rebels fighting for Tulip and Petal?
Short Answer Questions
1. What band did the guitarist who descends from heaven play for?
2. What is the name of the person who owned the famous violin created by a fairy for humans?
3. What does Kerry shoplift in Chapter 7?
4. In what year was the guitarist who descends from heaven made?
5. Where do Heather and Morag find themselves after passing out and being taken from their hometown?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)