|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which band's songs did Kerry's ex-boyfriend wish to teach her?
(b) The Go Go's.
(c) New York Dolls.
2. What does Heather tell Dinnie he must do to be more attractive to women in Chapter 10?
(a) Get new clothes.
(b) Go on a diet and be nicer.
(c) Wear makeup.
(d) Cut his hair.
3. What do the fairies who steal Kerry's poppy in Chapter 12 want for ransom?
(a) A guitar.
(b) A violin.
(c) A banner.
(d) Their mirror.
4. What fate does Morag tell Kerry that the magical violin that a fairy created was believed to have had?
(a) It was thrown in the sea.
(b) It was destroyed.
(c) It was hidden.
(d) It was buried.
5. What happens to the fiddle that the person begins playing in Chapter 11?
(a) It is destroyed.
(b) It is polished.
(c) It is lost.
(d) It is stolen.
6. What does Cal struggle with at the community art show in Chapter 10?
(a) A poem.
(b) A book.
(c) His play.
(d) His music.
7. What is the name of Kerry's ex boyfriend?
8. Who gives Kerry a flower for her alphabet at the beginning of Chapter 11?
9. What kind of fairies become upset because money is missing from their bank in Chapter 9?
10. What does Dinnie agree to give to Heather if she helps him to win Kerry's affections?
(b) His fiddle.
(c) A book.
(d) A car.
11. What is the name of the artifact that Heather and Morag accidentally destroy in a Scottish castle?
(a) The Tapestry of Ghant.
(b) The MacLeod Banner.
(c) The Bhat Gwa mirror.
(d) The MacPherson Fiddle.
12. What does the leader of the rebels fighting for Petal and Tulip spend his time studying in libraries?
(c) Military strategy.
13. Where does Dinnie decide to play his instrument in Chapter 5?
(a) A church.
(b) A street corner.
(c) A prison.
(d) A school.
14. Where was Heather hiding when discovering the whereabouts of the magical violin?
(a) Outside Kerry's window.
(b) In Dinnie's closet.
(c) Under Dinnie's bed.
(d) In Kerry's closet.
15. Who does Heather run into after leaving Dinnie's in Chapter 6?
(b) Johnny Thunders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Heather and Morag pass out that leads to them being taken from their hometown?
2. What does Dinnie's neighbor wish to win with her art project?
3. What is the name of the guitarist who descends from heaven?
4. Who learns that the heirs of the king's heirs are in New York in Chapter 7?
5. Who first attempts to teach Dinnie to play the violin?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)