|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of piece is Kerry's friend reading in Chapter 11?
(a) A novel.
(b) A song.
(c) A poem.
(d) An encyclopedia.
2. Where does Heather sit on Dinnie as she tells him how she and Morag were thrown out of Scotland?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) In his briefcase.
(c) His head.
(d) His shoulder.
3. Where was Heather hiding when discovering the whereabouts of the magical violin?
(a) In Kerry's closet.
(b) Outside Kerry's window.
(c) Under Dinnie's bed.
(d) In Dinnie's closet.
4. Who gives Kerry a flower for her alphabet at the beginning of Chapter 11?
5. Who is the author of The Good Fairies of New York?
(a) Paul Smith.
(b) Martin Millar.
(c) Jerry Wash.
(d) James Frank.
6. What word best describes Heather and Morag in the book?
7. What does Heather tell Dinnie he must do to be more attractive to women in Chapter 10?
(a) Go on a diet and be nicer.
(b) Cut his hair.
(c) Wear makeup.
(d) Get new clothes.
8. For whom do Heather and Morag look for a flower in Chapter 7?
9. Who first attempts to teach Dinnie to play the violin?
10. How does Heather tell Dinnie to fix his hair to be more attractive to women?
(a) Get a perm.
(b) Shave it.
(c) Grow a mullet.
(d) Grow a ponytail.
11. What do Heather and Dinnie fight over at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Dinnie's rudeness.
(b) Heather's rudeness.
(c) Dinnie's unwillingness to learn the fiddle.
(d) Heather's pushiness.
12. What is the name of the person who owned the famous violin created by a fairy for humans?
(a) Frank MacKintosh.
(b) Paul Smith.
(c) James MacPherson.
(d) Bob Tala.
13. What is the name of the mirror that the Chinese fairies accuse Morag of stealing?
(a) The MacLeod Banner.
(b) The Bhat Gwa Mirror.
(c) The English Rose Cup.
(d) The MacPherson Fiddle.
14. What is the name of Kerry's ex boyfriend?
15. Where do Heather and Morag find themselves after passing out and being taken from their hometown?
(c) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dinnie evicted in Chapter 9?
2. How does Dinnie first react to being taught to play the violin?
3. What project is Dinnie's beautiful neighbor working on in the book?
4. What kind of fairies steal Kerry's poppy in Chapter 12?
5. Who learns that the heirs of the king's heirs are in New York in Chapter 7?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)