|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many eggs does Wang Lung purchase in town in Chapter 4?
2. What does Wang Lung purchase to dye the eggs with in Chapter 4?
(a) Hen's blood.
(b) Red paper.
(c) Red food dye.
3. How old is Wang Lung's female cousin that he and his uncle discuss in Chapter 7?
4. What does Wang Lung do for work when he first arrives in the city in the south in Chapter 11?
(a) He works at the public kitchen.
(b) He sells newspapers.
(c) He works at a butcher shop.
(d) He pulls a rickshaw.
5. What image is depicted on the flier that the blue-eyed man gives to Wang Lung in Chapter 14?
(a) A depiction of America.
(b) A picture of Confucius.
(c) A depiction of Jesus Christ.
(d) A depiction of a fat man killing a starving man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Wang Lung respond to the news that O-lan is pregnant in Chapter 2?
2. Who is the priority in Wang Lung's home when the family is starving in Chapter 9?
3. What is described in Chapter 1 as the first sound that Wang Lung hears each morning when he awakens?
4. What statement does O-lan make regarding the rich in Chapter 16?
5. Of what drug does the Old Mistress partake during Wang Long's visit to retrieve his wife in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What preparations does Wang Lung make when he returns to his land in Chapter 15?
2. What is depicted on the fliers that Wang Lung is handed in Chapter 14?
3. Why did Wang Lung's father choose a slave for Wang Lung's wife?
4. Who brings Wang Lung's wife to him in Chapter 1? How is this character described?
5. What conflict occurs between Wang Lung and his aunt in Chapter 7?
6. How does Wang Lung respond when he discovers O-lan's jewels in Chapter 16?
7. What leads to Wang Lung purchasing more land from the House of Hwang in Chapter 8?
8. How does O-lan describe the fall of the House of Hwang in Chapter 5?
9. How does Wang Lung perceive his wedding day when he awakens in Chapter 1?
10. How has Wang Lung's fate changed in Chapter 8? How does he respond to this change of fate?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)