|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Wang Lung spend on an ox in Chapter 15?
(a) 2 gold pieces.
(b) 5 gold pieces.
(c) 3 silver coins.
(d) 10 silver coins.
2. What color is the suit that Wang Lung wears on his wedding day?
3. How many silver dollars does Wang Lung have in his purse when he sets out on his wedding day in Chapter 1?
4. How much money does it cost to go to a public kitchen for rice gruel in the city in the south in Chapter 11?
(a) 2 pence.
(b) A silver coin.
(c) A penny.
(d) 5 pence.
5. Whom does O-lan suggest Wang Lung buy land from instead of from the House of Hwang in Chapter 5?
(a) Wang Lung's uncle.
(d) Wang Lung's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wang Lung's father compare drinking tea to in the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. How many children does Wang Lung's uncle have in Chapter 7?
3. What do the noodles signify that Wang Lung's family eats on his son's first month birthday in Chapter 4?
4. Where is a tailor coming from to tend to the daughter of the House of Hwang for her her upcoming wedding in Chapter 5?
5. What does Wang Lung do for work when he first arrives in the city in the south in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wang Lung perceive his wedding day when he awakens in Chapter 1?
2. What activities take place as the New Year celebration approaches in Chapter 5?
3. What conflict occurs between Wang Lung and his aunt in Chapter 7?
4. What is depicted on the fliers that Wang Lung is handed in Chapter 14?
5. Why did Wang Lung's father choose a slave for Wang Lung's wife?
6. What about Wang Lung's uncle's family vexes Wang Lung in Chapter 7?
7. What leads to Wang Lung purchasing more land from the House of Hwang in Chapter 8?
8. What causes Wang Lung to finally decide to take his family to the city in the south in Chapter 9?
9. How do Wang Lung's circumstances during the winter differ from those of his uncle in Chapter 4?
10. What event leads Wang Lung to stop working as a rickshaw driver in Chapter 14?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)