|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the noodles signify that Wang Lung's family eats on his son's first month birthday in Chapter 4?
(c) A long life.
2. From whom has Wang Lung bought a leg of pork that hangs in his house in Chapter 4?
(b) Pear Blossom.
3. How many children does Wang Lung's uncle have in Chapter 7?
4. What items did Wang Lung's father take to the House of Hwang to secure Wang Lung's marriage to their slave-girl?
(a) A watch and a necklace.
(b) A pair of shoes and a ladle.
(c) Two rings and a pair of earrings.
(d) A silk dress and a pair of stockings.
5. Where does the American woman ask Wang Lung to transport her in Chapter 11?
(a) The Confucian temple.
(b) The Street of Temples.
(c) The Emperor's estate.
(d) The Street of Bridges.
6. What is depicted on the second flier that Wang Lung is given in Chapter 14?
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) A street paved with gold.
(d) A fat man stabbing a starving man.
7. Why was O-lan beaten daily as a slave?
(a) To ensure she was obedient.
(b) Because she stole from her masters every day.
(c) Because the Old Master was in love with her.
(d) White Lily.
8. Who kills Wang Lung's ox in Chapter 8?
(a) Wang Lung's uncle.
(c) Wang Lung's aunt.
9. How much money does it cost to go to a public kitchen for rice gruel in the city in the south in Chapter 11?
(a) A silver coin.
(b) 2 pence.
(c) A penny.
(d) 5 pence.
10. How much does the fellow traveler tell Wang Lung the sleeping mats cost in the city in Chapter 11?
(a) 5 pence each.
(b) 1 gold coin each.
(c) 2 pence each.
(d) 1 penny each.
11. What color are eggs died to celebrate when Wang Lung has a son in Chapter 3?
12. What does Wang Lung purchase to burn on the eve of the new year in Chapter 5?
(a) Five blue candles.
(b) Two red candles.
(c) Six green candles.
(d) Ten red candles.
13. Where does Wang Lung first observe young men in the city speaking of revolution in Chapter 11?
(a) By the city wall.
(b) By the public kitchen.
(c) By the Confucian temple.
(d) By his hut.
14. What food does O-lan give to her two sons as Wang Lung's family departs for their journey in Chapter 10?
(a) Egg rolls.
(c) Bone broth.
(d) Bowls of rice.
15. What does Wang Lung begin referring to his daughter as in Chapter 9?
(a) Poor fool.
(d) Pear Blossom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many seed beans came up for Wang Lung's uncle of the twenty that he planted this year in Chapter 7?
2. What does O-lan say she was beaten with daily as a slave in Chapter 14?
3. What does Wang Lung's father compare drinking tea to in the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What season has begun in the beginning of Chapter 14?
5. Who makes the hut from the mats that Wang Lung buys in the city in Chapter 11?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)