|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the barber suggest Wang Lung have removed on his wedding day?
(a) His nose-ring.
(b) His earrings.
(c) His braid.
(d) His shoes.
2. How old is Ching said to be in Chapter 15?
(a) Less than 45 years old.
(b) Over 50 years old.
(c) Less than 35 years old.
(d) 27 years old.
3. Who washes O-lan's body for burial after her death?
(a) Wang Lung's aunt.
(b) Wang Lung's eldest daughter.
(c) Wang Lung's daughter-in-law.
(d) Wang Lung's uncle.
4. What does the gatekeeper demand of Wang Lung before admitting him to the House of Hwang in Chapter 1?
(a) A silver coin.
(b) A silver ring.
(c) A letter of invite.
(d) His birth certificate.
5. How many eggs does Wang Lung purchase in town in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the noodles signify that Wang Lung's family eats on his son's first month birthday in Chapter 4?
2. How much money does it cost to go to a public kitchen for rice gruel in the city in the south in Chapter 11?
3. Whom does Wang Lung's second-eldest son say his older brother has been going out with at night in Chapter 23?
4. What is the name of the whore whom Wang Lung's eldest son has been frequenting in Chapter 23?
5. When O-lan summons Cuckoo to her death bed in Chapter 26, she tells her that Cuckoo is what?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)