|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals does Wang Lung observe and consider to be an evil omen in the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A pit of snakes.
(b) A nest of owls.
(c) A pack of wolves.
(d) A flock of crows.
2. Whom does O-lan suggest Wang Lung buy land from instead of from the House of Hwang in Chapter 5?
(c) Wang Lung's father.
(d) Wang Lung's uncle.
3. What is the name of the southern city that Wang Lung's family lives in during the famine in Chapter 11?
4. What is described in Chapter 1 as the first sound that Wang Lung hears each morning when he awakens?
(a) A bluebird singing.
(b) His father's cough.
(c) A train whistle.
(d) The ocean waves.
5. What does Wang Lung do for work when he first arrives in the city in the south in Chapter 11?
(a) He sells newspapers.
(b) He works at the public kitchen.
(c) He pulls a rickshaw.
(d) He works at a butcher shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Wang Lung's uncle's wife described in Chapter 4?
2. What does O-lan do with the New Year's cakes she makes in Chapter 5?
3. How many eggs does Wang Lung purchase in town in Chapter 4?
4. From whom has Wang Lung bought a leg of pork that hangs in his house in Chapter 4?
5. What is sewn onto the front of the hat that O-lin has made for her son when she goes to the House of Hwang in Chapter 5?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)