|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the priority in Wang Lung's home when the family is starving in Chapter 9?
(b) Wang Lung's daughter.
(c) Wang Long's eldest son.
(d) Wang Lung's father.
2. What does Wang Lung tell O-lan he would do if only it would heal her in Chapter 26?
(a) He would move into town.
(b) He would leave Lotus.
(c) He would sell all his land.
(d) He would sell his daughters.
3. What animals does Wang Lung observe and consider to be an evil omen in the end of Chapter 7?
(a) A flock of crows.
(b) A nest of owls.
(c) A pit of snakes.
(d) A pack of wolves.
4. How many sons has O-lan borne for Wang Lung in Chapter 20?
5. What does O-lan promise Wang Lung she will do for their youngest daughter in Chapter 18?
(a) Bind her feet.
(b) Sell her to a merchant.
(c) Sell her to a soldier.
(d) Cut her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In O-lan's last words before dying, she says, "Beauty will not" do what?
2. When Wang Lung's father went to request a slave as a wife for his son, he requested what trait "above all"?
3. What does O-lan do with the New Year's cakes she makes in Chapter 5?
4. Who moves into the quarters where Lotus used to live when Wang Lung's family moves into town in Chapter 29?
5. How far away does the maid live that is arranged to marry Wang Lung's second-eldest son in Chapter 29?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)