|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the price of grain risen in Chapter 31?
(a) Because of a famine.
(b) Because of a war.
(c) Because of a new merchant.
(d) Because of a flood.
2. In what city was Wang Lung born?
3. How much money does Wang Lung take home after his first day of working in the city in Chapter 11?
(a) A penny.
(b) 5 pence.
(c) 2 silver coins.
(d) 10 silver coins.
4. Who assists O-lan in childbirth in Chapter 3?
(a) No one.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Old Mistress Wang.
5. Why does Wang Lung's eldest son say he hates his cousin in Chapter 27?
(a) Because he is always peeping at his wife.
(b) Because he is base and stupid.
(c) Because he is a scholar.
(d) Because he is arrogant and wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wang Lung not turn away his uncle in Chapter 20?
2. Where does the grain merchant live that Wang Lung has betrothed his eldest son to in Chapter 25?
3. How far is the distance described that Wang Lung's family must travel to reach the city in the south in Chapter 9?
4. What is the name of the southern city that Wang Lung's family lives in during the famine in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Wang Lung make his eldest sons work in his fields each day in Chapter 17?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)