|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is a tailor coming from to tend to the daughter of the House of Hwang for her her upcoming wedding in Chapter 5?
2. Who has stolen the pork meat that Wang Lung discovers being cooked in his hut in Chapter 12?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His younger son.
(d) His eldest son.
3. How long has it been since the death of Wang Lung's mother in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
4. What are Wang Lung's uncle and aunt compared to in Chapter 30?
(a) "Fat, robust babies."
(b) "Snakes and tigers."
(c) "Wet blankets."
(d) "Old dry sticks."
5. What does Wang Lung say to the rich man after taking his gold during the riot in Chapter 14?
(a) "Out of my sight, lest I kill you for a fat worm!"
(b) "Thank you, for lest my family will starve."
(c) "I do not know who you are. I do not care."
(d) "I did not mean to disturb you."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that Wang Lung purchase the outer courts of the townhouse to drive out the dirty commoners in Chapter 30?
2. What is the one great regret that Wang Lung feels as he departs O-lan's funeral in Chapter 26?
3. How much money does Wang Lung pay Ching as steward on Wang Lung's farm in Chapter 17?
4. How is Wang Lung's uncle's wife described in Chapter 4?
5. What is the name of Wang Lung's nearest neighbor that he regrets not having brought with him when he faces the House of Hwang in Chapter 1?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)