|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the gatekeeper demand of Wang Lung before admitting him to the House of Hwang in Chapter 1?
(a) His birth certificate.
(b) A letter of invite.
(c) A silver coin.
(d) A silver ring.
2. Whom does O-lan suggest Wang Lung buy land from instead of from the House of Hwang in Chapter 5?
(a) Wang Lung's uncle.
(c) Wang Lung's father.
3. What does Wang Lung purchase to dye the eggs with in Chapter 4?
(a) Hen's blood.
(b) Red paper.
(d) Red food dye.
4. What is the name of Wang Lung's nearest neighbor that he regrets not having brought with him when he faces the House of Hwang in Chapter 1?
(c) Pear Blossom.
5. Of what drug does the Old Mistress partake during Wang Long's visit to retrieve his wife in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wang Lung define one's land as being in Chapter 5?
2. What does Wang Lung purchase to burn on the eve of the new year in Chapter 5?
3. What does Wang Lung begin referring to his daughter as in Chapter 9?
4. Who has stolen the pork meat that Wang Lung discovers being cooked in his hut in Chapter 12?
5. How many sticks of incense does Wang Lung burn at the temple of the earth after his son is born in Chapter 4?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)