|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Wang Lung's nearest neighbor that he regrets not having brought with him when he faces the House of Hwang in Chapter 1?
(d) Pear Blossom.
2. What presumably happens to Wang Lung's daughter that is born in Chapter 9?
(a) She is stillborn.
(b) O-lan kills her.
(c) She is taken by soldiers.
(d) Wang Lung kills her.
3. What items did Wang Lung's father take to the House of Hwang to secure Wang Lung's marriage to their slave-girl?
(a) Two rings and a pair of earrings.
(b) A watch and a necklace.
(c) A pair of shoes and a ladle.
(d) A silk dress and a pair of stockings.
4. What does Wang Lung begin referring to his daughter as in Chapter 9?
(a) Pear Blossom.
(d) Poor fool.
5. What is sewn onto the front of the hat that O-lin has made for her son when she goes to the House of Hwang in Chapter 5?
(a) A Buddha figure.
(b) A dancing tiger.
(c) A lion.
(d) A monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who built the Temple of the Earth where Wang Lung burns incense after his wedding?
2. How much do each of the eggs cost that Wang Lung purchases after his son is born?
3. What does Wang Lung purchase to dye the eggs with in Chapter 4?
4. Who assists O-lan in childbirth in Chapter 3?
5. From whom has Wang Lung bought a leg of pork that hangs in his house in Chapter 4?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)