|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wang Lung's father compare drinking tea to in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) Drinking wax.
(b) Drinking wine.
(c) Eating grapes.
(d) Eating silver.
2. What food does O-lan give to her two sons as Wang Lung's family departs for their journey in Chapter 10?
(a) Bone broth.
(c) Egg rolls.
(d) Bowls of rice.
3. What does the barber suggest Wang Lung have removed on his wedding day?
(a) His nose-ring.
(b) His braid.
(c) His earrings.
(d) His shoes.
4. How much money does Wang Lung take home after his first day of working in the city in Chapter 11?
(a) 5 pence.
(b) 2 silver coins.
(c) A penny.
(d) 10 silver coins.
5. What does O-lan remark to Wang Lung about the child she has just given birth to in Chapter 7?
(a) "I fear it has died."
(b) "It is only a slave this time - not worth mentioning."
(c) "It is a son and a blessing to all."
(d) "It is a girl-child, and one that needs love."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wang Lung purchase to burn on the eve of the new year in Chapter 5?
2. Who turns the villagers against Wang Lung during the hard times after the drought in Chapter 8?
3. How many seed beans came up for Wang Lung's uncle of the twenty that he planted this year in Chapter 7?
4. What does Wang Lung go to eat before taking his bride from the House of Hwang in Chapter 1?
5. How much money does it cost to go to a public kitchen for rice gruel in the city in the south in Chapter 11?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)