|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters has left the hospital for the time being?
2. What does Frank's father offer to get Frank?
3. What does Laurence lie to Frank about?
4. What does Frank want Dr. Ngema to do that she refuses to do?
5. What does Laurence say is making Frank depressed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Frank's father and how Frank feels about his father.
2. What has happened while Frank was searching for information about Maria in the village?
3. What does Frank tell Laurence about having an ethical dilemma?
4. What does Dr. Ngema tell Frank about how she got Laurence to agree not to pursue charges about Tehogo?
5. What happens when Frank heads to the Brigadier's compound?
6. Why does Frank drive out to the army camp?
7. Why does Frank decide not to go to the clinic and what happens between he and Tehogo?
8. What does Dr. Ngema tell Frank about the clinic and how the Santanders feel?
9. What does Frank find when he goes back to Maria's village to ask about her and her shack?
10. What comment does Laurence make when he Frank asks him why he doesn't seem to care more about Tehogo's care
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is the theme of change displayed throughout this story? Do you think that change is only good in the ideal? Does change always need to be uncomfortable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How do you think Frank's father and father-in-law impacted his life? Do you think they are responsible for his pessimistic views? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way did the character of Laurence change throughout the novel? Do you think his changes were for the positive or negative? Why do you think that way?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)