|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the town now feel about the soldiers?
2. Why does Frank drive out to the army camp?
3. How does the Colonel respond to Frank's accusations?
4. Where does Frank walk to?
5. What announcement does Dr. Ngema make at the Monday morning staff meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frank decide not to go to the clinic and what happens between he and Tehogo?
2. What does Frank notice about Maria and what happens when he asks her about it?
3. What comment does Laurence make when he Frank asks him why he doesn't seem to care more about Tehogo's care
4. What happens when Frank asks the Colonel about Maria and Tehogo's fates?
5. What does Laurence offer to tell Dr. Ngema for Frank and how does Frank react?
6. Why does Frank like Laurence was abducted?
7. What does Frank ask Dr. Ngema about Tehogo and how does she react?
8. How does Dr. Ngema introduce the idea of the clinic and in what way will she participate?
9. What does Frank see when Frank passes Maria's shack?
10. What does Frank tell Laurence about having an ethical dilemma?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways has Frank's life changed throughout the novel? Do you think it changed for the better or worse? Why do you think this way?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Frank's guilt throughout the story is well deserved? Why do you think that? Would you have acted the same way as Frank did? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How would you describe the character of Frank as being fearful or courageous? Why do you think this way? Compare him to another main character.
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)