|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank say he hasn't been to visit Maria in the past few days?
2. What happened to Maria's shack?
3. What does Mama tell Frank and Laurence they will be getting at her place?
4. Who did Dr. Ngema report the abduction to?
5. Which word best describes how Frank feels after he finishes talking to Karen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank notice about Maria and what happens when he asks her about it?
2. How does Dr. Ngema introduce the idea of the clinic and in what way will she participate?
3. What happens when Frank heads to the Brigadier's compound?
4. Why does Frank like Laurence was abducted?
5. What does Frank see when Frank passes Maria's shack?
6. What does Frank find when he goes back to Maria's village to ask about her and her shack?
7. Why does Frank decide not to go to the clinic and what happens between he and Tehogo?
8. What does the reader learn that happened in town and what does this event make Frank think about in regard to Maria or the Brigadier's?
9. What does Frank tell Laurence about the dinner he had with Zanele and what does he leave out?
10. What comment does Laurence make when he Frank asks him why he doesn't seem to care more about Tehogo's care
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who do you think is Frank's worst enemy? Why do you think this way? What role do Laurence and Dr. Ngema play in this situation?
Essay Topic 2
What parallels can be drawn between the soldiers and what steps they take in the town and what happens between Laurence and the hospital?
Essay Topic 3
How would you characterize Laurence's morality? How does this compare to Frank's morality? Is there a right and wrong when it comes to morality? Why do you feel that way?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)