|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Maria ask Laurence to do at the clinic?
2. What question does Laurence ask Frank that he doesn't answer?
3. Why does Frank say he hasn't been to visit Maria in the past few days?
4. What does the Colonel tell Dr. Ngema to do?
5. What is Laurence doing when Frank returns from going to check on Maria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank tell Laurence about having an ethical dilemma?
2. What does Dr. Ngema tell Frank about the clinic and how the Santanders feel?
3. Why does Frank drive out to the army camp?
4. What does Frank see when Frank passes Maria's shack?
5. How does Dr. Ngema introduce the idea of the clinic and in what way will she participate?
6. What does Frank ask Dr. Ngema about Tehogo and how does she react?
7. What comment does Laurence make when he Frank asks him why he doesn't seem to care more about Tehogo's care
8. What does Frank show that is uncharacteristically selfless of him?
9. What does Frank notice about Maria and what happens when he asks her about it?
10. What does the reader learn that happened in town and what does this event make Frank think about in regard to Maria or the Brigadier's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think was the author's purpose for having Laurence and Frank speak while they are naked about their feelings? How do you think Laurence felt about the actions he had taken? How do you think Laurence really felt about the actions?
Essay Topic 2
How would you describe the character of Frank as being fearful or courageous? Why do you think this way? Compare him to another main character.
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think Frank feels responsible for Tehogo's condition and what happened to Laurence? Do you think he is responsible? Why or why not?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)