|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best descriptor for the character, Dr. Elf?
2. Why does Dr. Ngema tell Frank that Laurence can't use any of the empty rooms?
3. How does Frank feel about Tehogo's presence?
4. Why does Frank leave the house?
5. How long does Maria say that she has been where she is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Frank suggests they stop and eat after swimming and what new information does Laurence reveal about their mission?
2. How did Frank come to become a doctor?
3. How did Frank come to be stuck at the hospital?
4. What happens when Frank asks Maria to come back to his room with him?
5. What is Frank's opinion about the steps Laurence is taking to protect the items at the hospital from looting and how does Laurence respond?
6. What did Laurence insist was the real reason that Frank became a doctor?
7. How did Frank's feelings about sharing his room change throughout Chapter 1?
8. Why doesn't Frank mention the patients condition and how does Laurence respond?
9. How does Ngema respond to Laurence and how does this affect Laurence?
10. Who is the Brigadier and and what are some of the rumors about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who do you think is Frank's worst enemy? Why do you think this way? What role do Laurence and Dr. Ngema play in this situation?
Essay Topic 2
How do you think Frank's father and father-in-law impacted his life? Do you think they are responsible for his pessimistic views? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What parallels can be drawn between the soldiers and what steps they take in the town and what happens between Laurence and the hospital?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)