|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank leave the house?
2. Why does Dr. Ngema tell Frank that Laurence can't use any of the empty rooms?
3. From what was the young illegal immigrant patient suffering?
4. Who is the Brigadier?
5. Where were the Santanders before they came to the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Frank come to be stuck at the hospital?
2. What does Frank understand about the reason that Ngema says it is inappropriate for Frank to share rooms with Tehogo?
3. What happens the next time Maria and Frank are together after she warned Frank not to come because her husband would be in town?
4. What information does Franks share with Laurence about the town and the hospital?
5. What happens when Frank suggests they stop and eat after swimming and what new information does Laurence reveal about their mission?
6. Why does Laurence say was the reason he came to the hospital?
7. How does Frank feel about Zanele's idealism and how does this relate to how he feels about Laurence?
8. What does the hospital have in abundance and what types of things do they have too little of?
9. How does Ngema respond to Laurence and how does this affect Laurence?
10. What happens on Laurence's first morning and how is he feeling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way was Frank driven to ruin Laurence's relationship with Zanele? Do you think Laurence ever knew what happened? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Who do you think is Frank's worst enemy? Why do you think this way? What role do Laurence and Dr. Ngema play in this situation?
Essay Topic 3
In what way did Frank reverse his role with Tehogo in the story? Do you think this role reversal helped Frank as a character? Why or why not?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)