|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laurence invite Frank to do with him?
(a) Come out for a drink.
(b) Help plan the next clinic.
(c) Go and try to talk to Tehogo.
(d) Go to visit Maria.
2. Why doesn't Frank tell Laurence that Maria's shack is missing?
(a) He thinks Laurence did something to her.
(b) He wants to fix the problem.
(c) He is ashamed of his actions.
(d) He does not trust Laurence.
3. What does Frank's father offer to get Frank?
(a) A job at a local hospital.
(b) A new apartment which he won't have to share.
(c) A woman who will help to take care of him.
(d) A new wife.
4. What does Laurence say is making Frank depressed?
(d) Dr. Ngema.
5. Why does Frank tie Tehogo to the bed?
(a) To ensure the guard doesn't have to handcuff him.
(b) To keep him from pulling out his tubes.
(c) To keep him from rolling and causing further injury.
(d) To protect him from the others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters has left the hospital for the time being?
2. How does Frank's ongoing search for Maria go?
3. Who does Frank look for at Mama's?
4. What does Frank want Dr. Ngema to do that she refuses to do?
5. Why does Ngema tell Frank that it doesn't bother her that Tehogo is stealing right in front of her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laurence offer to tell Dr. Ngema for Frank and how does Frank react?
2. What does Frank notice about Maria and what happens when he asks her about it?
3. What does Frank find when he goes back to Maria's village to ask about her and her shack?
4. Describe Frank's father and how Frank feels about his father.
5. What does Frank tell Laurence about having an ethical dilemma?
6. What comment does Laurence make when he Frank asks him why he doesn't seem to care more about Tehogo's care
7. What does Frank see when Frank passes Maria's shack?
8. What does Karen tell Frank when he calls her just to hear her voice?
9. What does the reader learn that happened in town and what does this event make Frank think about in regard to Maria or the Brigadier's?
10. What happens when Laurence returns from performing the abortion on Maria?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)