|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank ask the Colonel not to do if he goes to check things out?
(a) Follow him to the old army camp again.
(b) Harm a woman.
(c) Arrest the Brigadier.
(d) Tell anyone else that they talked.
2. What has happened to Tehogo?
(a) He had a heart attack.
(b) He returned to the hospital to steal more items.
(c) He was stabbed.
(d) He was shot.
3. Why is Frank shocked when Claudia tells him how she feels about the clinic?
(a) He is shocked she is so pleasant to him.
(b) He is shocked that she disagrees with Ngema.
(c) He is shocked she isn't telling Laurence this information.
(d) He is shocked she likes the idea.
4. What does Laurence offer to do about the Tehogo situation?
(a) He offers to go with Frank when he tells Ngema.
(b) He offers to talk to Tehogo about the problem.
(c) He offers to help steal back the items fromTehogo's room.
(d) He offers to tell Ngema himself.
5. Which of the following does Frank consider an extenuating circumstance in regards to Tehogo?
(a) Loyalty to colleagues.
(b) His race.
(c) His background.
(d) His schooling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frank invite Laurence to go?
2. Which word best describes how Frank feels after he finishes talking to Karen?
3. Why does Ngema tell Frank that it doesn't bother her that Tehogo is stealing right in front of her?
4. Why does Frank tie Tehogo to the bed?
5. Who does rumor say is responsible for the robberies in town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Laurence offer to tell Dr. Ngema for Frank and how does Frank react?
2. What does Frank tell Laurence about having an ethical dilemma?
3. What happens when Frank asks the Colonel about Maria and Tehogo's fates?
4. What does Dr. Ngema tell Frank about the clinic and how the Santanders feel?
5. Describe Frank's father and how Frank feels about his father.
6. What does Frank find when he goes back to Maria's village to ask about her and her shack?
7. What has happened while Frank was searching for information about Maria in the village?
8. What happens when Laurence returns from performing the abortion on Maria?
9. What does the reader learn that happened in town and what does this event make Frank think about in regard to Maria or the Brigadier's?
10. What does Frank tell Laurence about the dinner he had with Zanele and what does he leave out?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)