|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes how Frank feels after he finishes talking to Karen?
2. Why does Frank tie Tehogo to the bed?
(a) To ensure the guard doesn't have to handcuff him.
(b) To keep him from pulling out his tubes.
(c) To keep him from rolling and causing further injury.
(d) To protect him from the others.
3. Why does Frank believe Tehogo was hurt?
(a) He was with Maria at the wrong time.
(b) It was a planned attack.
(c) It was a mistake.
(d) He was caught stealing.
4. Where does Frank go after he leaves Dr. Ngema's office?
(a) To the recreation room.
(b) To go and talk to Maria.
(c) To his own room.
(d) To find Laurence.
5. Why doesn't Frank tell Laurence that Maria's shack is missing?
(a) He thinks Laurence did something to her.
(b) He does not trust Laurence.
(c) He is ashamed of his actions.
(d) He wants to fix the problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurence lie to Frank about?
2. Which of the following is a reason for the awkwardness that exists in the relationship between Valerie and Frank?
3. How does Frank's ongoing search for Maria go?
4. What does Mama tell Frank and Laurence they will be getting at her place?
5. How does Frank feel about Laurence's dilemma over Maria?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank tell Laurence about the dinner he had with Zanele and what does he leave out?
2. What does the reader learn that happened in town and what does this event make Frank think about in regard to Maria or the Brigadier's?
3. What does Laurence offer to tell Dr. Ngema for Frank and how does Frank react?
4. What does Frank see when Frank passes Maria's shack?
5. Why does Frank decide not to go to the clinic and what happens between he and Tehogo?
6. Why does Frank like Laurence was abducted?
7. What does Frank show that is uncharacteristically selfless of him?
8. What does Karen tell Frank when he calls her just to hear her voice?
9. What does Frank ask Dr. Ngema about Tehogo and how does she react?
10. What does Frank find when he goes back to Maria's village to ask about her and her shack?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)