|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what was the young illegal immigrant patient suffering?
(d) Mental illness.
2. What does Frank call Laurence at the end of Chapter 4?
3. How does Zanele feel about her relationship with Laurence?
(a) She is surprised by this different side of Laurence she is seeing.
(b) She is sure and feels strongly about the relationship.
(c) She is in love and feels eager to move forward.
(d) She is confused and uncertain.
4. What angers Frank about the place Laurence has chosen to hike to?
(a) It is a place that is dangerous with many military officials.
(b) It has a militia that does not allow outsiders to enter the village.
(c) It is too far away from where they started.
(d) It is the most inaccessible village.
5. Who is the Brigadier?
(a) The new militia leader who is trying to overthrow the government.
(b) The head of the miltary.
(c) The former, now deposed leader.
(d) The biggest drug lord in the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Tehogo's family?
2. What does Zanele do in Sudan?
3. What promise does Frank keep to Laurence in regards to Zanele?
4. What job does Frank tell Maria he holds?
5. How long would it be until the trial clinic would be held?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ngema respond to Laurence and how does this affect Laurence?
2. Why does Laurence say was the reason he came to the hospital?
3. What information does Maria tell Frank about how long she has been in town and how she got there?
4. Why did Laurence want to hike to this particular village?
5. What information is shared about Frank's marriage and his current love life?
6. What information about Laurence does Zanele correct while she is talking to Frank?
7. Why does Frank believe Dr. Ngema suggested he take Laurence on the full tour?
8. How did Frank come to become a doctor?
9. What was the real reason Laurence was never able to find his parents' grave?
10. Why doesn't Frank mention the patients condition and how does Laurence respond?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)