|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Frank is driving home what does he encounter?
(a) Tehogo and his friend waiting for him.
(b) A roadblock of soldiers.
(c) Zanele hiding behind Mama's waiting for him.
(d) The Brigadier General himself.
2. Why does Ngema tell Frank that it doesn't bother her that Tehogo is stealing right in front of her?
(a) She will soon be getting a promotion.
(b) Laurence will take the blame if anyone catches on to the problem.
(c) Tehogo is giving her part of his profits.
(d) The items are not being used anyway.
3. How does Frank's ongoing search for Maria go?
(a) With some success.
(c) He gets a new lead he plans on following.
(d) It causes people to stop talking to him.
4. Why does Frank believe Tehogo was hurt?
(a) He was with Maria at the wrong time.
(b) He was caught stealing.
(c) It was a mistake.
(d) It was a planned attack.
5. Why does Frank say he hasn't been to visit Maria in the past few days?
(a) He tells her that he was upset because she lied to him.
(b) He says that he is reconciling with his wife.
(c) He says he never wants to see her again.
(d) He says he has been busy at work.
6. How does Laurence feel after the staff meeting?
(a) He is depressed and confused.
(b) He is angry and surprised.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is anxious.
7. What happened to Maria's shack?
(a) It has burnt to the ground.
(b) It suddenly has been repainted.
(c) It no longer exists.
(d) It has been moved to another neighborhood.
8. What does Frank ask the Colonel not to do if he goes to check things out?
(a) Harm a woman.
(b) Tell anyone else that they talked.
(c) Follow him to the old army camp again.
(d) Arrest the Brigadier.
9. Who does Frank look for at Mama's?
(b) Dr. Ngema.
(c) Colonel Moller.
10. Who does Frank go to visit?
(a) His father.
11. What did Maria ask Laurence to do at the clinic?
(a) Give her birth control pills.
(b) Treat her for a sexually transmtited disease.
(c) Take her away with him to another village.
(d) Abort her child.
12. What does Frank think happened to the soldier who was guarding Tehogo?
(a) He was afraid and ran away.
(b) He is tied up in Tehogo's old room.
(c) He was recalled by the Colonel.
(d) He was killed by Tehogo or Laurence.
13. Who does rumor say is responsible for the robberies in town?
(a) A gang of soldiers.
(b) Tehogo and his friend.
(c) The Brigidier.
(d) Colonel Moller.
14. Why does Frank tie Tehogo to the bed?
(a) To keep him from pulling out his tubes.
(b) To protect him from the others.
(c) To keep him from rolling and causing further injury.
(d) To ensure the guard doesn't have to handcuff him.
15. What does the Colonel say when Frank shares that he helped him years ago?
(a) That is the only reason he has not been touched.
(b) He doesn't remember him.
(c) He always knew.
(d) He knows and appreciates his help this time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laurence invite Frank to do with him?
2. What does Claudia no longer wish to do not that the clinic has been successful?
3. How does Frank feel about Laurence's dilemma over Maria?
4. Why does Frank say that he won't be at the clinic?
5. What does the Colonel tell Dr. Ngema to do?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)