|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Frank is driving home what does he encounter?
(a) The Brigadier General himself.
(b) Zanele hiding behind Mama's waiting for him.
(c) A roadblock of soldiers.
(d) Tehogo and his friend waiting for him.
2. Why does Frank tie Tehogo to the bed?
(a) To keep him from rolling and causing further injury.
(b) To ensure the guard doesn't have to handcuff him.
(c) To protect him from the others.
(d) To keep him from pulling out his tubes.
3. What does Maria deny knowing anything about to Frank?
(a) Laurence being at the next village.
(b) Frank's impending divorce.
(c) Zanele's visit to Laurence.
(d) The plans for the clinic.
4. Who does rumor say is responsible for the robberies in town?
(a) A gang of soldiers.
(b) Colonel Moller.
(c) The Brigidier.
(d) Tehogo and his friend.
5. What reason does Frank give for going into town to call Karen?
(a) To beg her to return to him.
(b) To hear her voice.
(c) To talk about the divorce.
(d) To ask her for money.
6. How does Dr. Ngema act when Frank confronts her about Tehogo?
(a) She tells Frank to stop talking about Tehogo.
(b) She promises to watch him more carefully.
(c) She has him called to her office immediately.
(d) She makes excuses for him.
7. Who does Frank look for at Mama's?
(a) Colonel Moller.
(b) Dr. Ngema.
8. How does the town now feel about the soldiers?
(b) A positive influence.
(c) A unnecessary presence.
9. Where does Frank walk to?
(a) Brigadier's compound.
(b) Mama's restaurant.
(c) Dr. Ngema's hospital.
(d) Maria's shack.
10. Why does Frank go to Tehogo's room?
(a) To see if he had moved out yet.
(b) To return casettes to him.
(c) To tell him about the clinic.
(d) To escape Laurence for awhile.
11. What did the letter Laurence received from Zanele say?
(a) It broke off their relationship.
(b) It asked him to share information about Frank.
(c) It told him that she was moving to his town.
(d) It asked him to move in with her.
12. Which of the following is a reason for the awkwardness that exists in the relationship between Valerie and Frank?
(a) They had a physical relationship.
(b) She is younger than he is.
(c) He does not agree with his father's choice in women.
(d) She does not like him at all.
13. How does Frank feel about Laurence's dilemma over Maria?
(a) He is frustrated about it.
(b) He is jealous of their relationship.
(c) He is surprised Laurence will consider it.
(d) He is enjoying it.
14. Why is Frank shocked when Claudia tells him how she feels about the clinic?
(a) He is shocked she likes the idea.
(b) He is shocked that she disagrees with Ngema.
(c) He is shocked she isn't telling Laurence this information.
(d) He is shocked she is so pleasant to him.
15. Where does Frank go after he leaves Dr. Ngema's office?
(a) To find Laurence.
(b) To his own room.
(c) To the recreation room.
(d) To go and talk to Maria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank think happened to the soldier who was guarding Tehogo?
2. Who does Frank believe hurt Tehogo?
3. What does Laurence lie to Frank about?
4. Why does Ngema ask Frank to keep an eye on Laurence?
5. Why doesn't Laurence come to visit Tehogo?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)