|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Frank feel about Tehogo?
2. What does Maria deny knowing anything about to Frank?
(a) Laurence being at the next village.
(b) Frank's impending divorce.
(c) The plans for the clinic.
(d) Zanele's visit to Laurence.
3. How does Frank's ongoing search for Maria go?
(a) He gets a new lead he plans on following.
(c) With some success.
(d) It causes people to stop talking to him.
4. What does Frank want Dr. Ngema to do that she refuses to do?
(a) Postpone the clinc.
(b) Let Frank be the sole caregiver for Tehogo.
(c) Ask the Colonel to release Tehogo.
(d) Transfer Tehogo to the big hosptial.
5. What question does Laurence ask Frank that he doesn't answer?
(a) What are they going to do when Ngema is gone?
(b) What do you think I should do about Zanele?
(c) What are you going to do about Tehogo?
(d) What is it like to be married?
6. What profession does Frank's father-in-law have?
(a) Quiz show host.
(d) Government official.
7. Who does rumor say is responsible for the robberies in town?
(a) Tehogo and his friend.
(b) The Brigidier.
(c) A gang of soldiers.
(d) Colonel Moller.
8. Why does Frank say he hasn't been to visit Maria in the past few days?
(a) He says he has been busy at work.
(b) He says he never wants to see her again.
(c) He says that he is reconciling with his wife.
(d) He tells her that he was upset because she lied to him.
9. How does the town now feel about the soldiers?
(a) A unnecessary presence.
(d) A positive influence.
10. What announcement does Frank make when Laurence looks to him for support about the clinic?
(a) He says that he agrees it is a waste of time.
(b) He says he won't be there because he has to go away.
(c) He says that Laurence is idealistic and they should give it ia chance.
(d) He says that he thinks it will be good for the hospital.
11. How does Zanele act when she meets Frank again?
(a) She acts as if nothing happened.
(b) She is quiet and secretive.
(c) She is formal and distant.
(d) She is friendly and nice.
12. What happened to Maria's shack?
(a) It has burnt to the ground.
(b) It has been moved to another neighborhood.
(c) It no longer exists.
(d) It suddenly has been repainted.
13. Who did Dr. Ngema report the abduction to?
(a) Colonel Moller.
(b) The Brigadier.
(c) The gange of soldiers.
(d) The big hospital administers.
14. Why does Frank say that he won't be at the clinic?
(a) He is still looking for Maria.
(b) He has to move Tehogo.
(c) Tehogo has died and Frank feels guilty.
(d) He doesn't believe in the clinic.
15. What did Maria ask Laurence to do at the clinic?
(a) Give her birth control pills.
(b) Abort her child.
(c) Take her away with him to another village.
(d) Treat her for a sexually transmtited disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank drive out to the army camp?
2. How does Laurence feel after the staff meeting?
3. How many wives has Frank's father had?
4. How do the people at the staff meeting respond to the announcement?
5. Why doesn't Laurence come to visit Tehogo?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)