|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Frank consider an extenuating circumstance in regards to Tehogo?
(a) His race.
(b) Loyalty to colleagues.
(c) His background.
(d) His schooling.
2. What does Dr. Ngema tell Frank when he wakes up?
(a) The Colonel is coming to interrogate him.
(b) Maria is in the hospital looking for him.
(c) Laurence and Tehogo are gone.
(d) She has receved her promotion and is leaving that day.
3. What happened to Laurence's parents?
(a) They disowned him when he chose to become a doctor.
(b) They were doing missionary work in Sudan.
(c) They were killed when he was a baby.
(d) They abandoned him and his sister.
4. What causes Frank to be dismayed when he asks Mama about a room?
(a) She refuses to answer him.
(b) She charges him more than she would charge others.
(c) She will not rent to Laurence.
(d) She calls him her friend.
5. Why does Frank drive out to the army camp?
(a) To find out any news about the others.
(b) To look again for Maria.
(c) To offer to serve in the military.
(d) To trade himself for the others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people hate the hospital where Frank and Laurence work?
2. What was Dr. Ngema's initial reaction to Laurence's story about Tehogo's stealing items?
3. What happens to Frank as he thinks about his memories related to Colonel Moller?
4. Who is coming to visit Laurence?
5. How many wives has Frank's father had?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)