|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frank tell Zanele Laurence would have learned more about life?
(a) Working in the city hospital.
(b) In the trenches.
(c) Doing community service.
(d) At an orphanage.
2. Where does Frank walk to?
(a) Mama's restaurant.
(b) Brigadier's compound.
(c) Dr. Ngema's hospital.
(d) Maria's shack.
3. What does Laurence wear that others do not?
(b) White coat.
4. Why does Frank lie to Maria?
(a) To keep others from knowning about her.
(b) To ensure his own privacy.
(c) To protect her from others.
(d) To keep his two lives separate.
5. What does Frank think will happen when he returns after dark to be with Maria?
(a) She will refuse to let him into her home.
(b) People will be lying in wait to hurt him.
(c) She will have disappeared.
(d) The police will arrest him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the border patrol soldiers assigned to do?
2. What does Dr. Ngema tell Frank when he wakes up?
3. Which word best describes how Laurence treats every patient he sees?
4. Why does Frank say he hasn't been to visit Maria in the past few days?
5. What does Laurence's commitment to the patients at the hospital reveal about Frank?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)