|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement does Frank make when Laurence looks to him for support about the clinic?
(a) He says that he thinks it will be good for the hospital.
(b) He says that Laurence is idealistic and they should give it ia chance.
(c) He says he won't be there because he has to go away.
(d) He says that he agrees it is a waste of time.
2. What does Frank find on his own walk after Laurence leaves to find the village?
(a) He finds a group of militia heading for the town.
(b) He finds an abandoned house.
(c) He finds the village Laurence is looking for.
(d) He finds a clear pool of water.
3. What promise does Frank keep to Laurence in regards to Zanele?
(a) He takes her out to dinner while Laurence works.
(b) He takes Laurence's shift so Laurence can go out with Zanele.
(c) He tells Zanele the history of the hospital.
(d) He keeps other people away from Zanele.
4. Why does Frank still wear his wedding ring?
(a) He wants others to think he is married.
(b) He needs to keep up the lie with Maria.
(c) He still loves his wife.
(d) His divorce is not final yet.
5. How long would it be until the trial clinic would be held?
(a) A year.
(c) A week.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the old man's medical problem that brings him to the hospital?
2. How does the evening between Zanele and Frank end?
3. How did Frank feel about having to share with Laurence?
4. Where does Frank go after he leaves Dr. Ngema's office?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Frank feels at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)