1. What is the setting of the story as it opens?
(d) Government building.
2. Which of the following is the best descriptor for the character, Dr. Elf?
3. Which of the following is not an accurate first impression that Frank had about Laurence?
(a) He won't last.
(b) He looks lost and bewidered.
(c) He looks too young.
(d) He did not have enough knowledge.
4. What confuses Laurence about the hospital office?
(a) The lack of medical equipment.
(b) The choice of colors.
(c) The small nature of surroundings.
(d) Its unkempt office.
5. Which of the following is an appropriate synonym for the term austere as used in the following sentence: The bedroom was austere.
6. What would Frank and Laurence share?
7. How did Frank feel about having to share with Laurence?
(a) He was not happy.
(b) He was extremely angry at the prospect.
(c) He was excited to have someone to talk to.
(d) He was ambivalent to it.
This section contains 5,297 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)