|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Theo go to see at his old apartment building in Chapter 8: “The Shop-Behind-the-Shop, continued”?
(a) Cleo and Paul.
(b) Jose and Goldie.
(c) His father.
(d) Jeff and James.
2. What is the reported value of the rediscovered Rembrandt that was stolen from the museum after the attack?
(a) $20 million.
(b) $30 million.
(c) $40 million.
(d) $50 million.
3. What does “Cutty Sark” mean, according to Theo in Chapter 12: “The Rendezvous Point”?
(a) Young child.
(b) Tall woman.
(c) Blonde woman.
(d) Short skirt.
4. Who is the driver for Boris when he and Theo leave Theo’s engagement party in the beginning of Chapter 11: “The Gentleman’s Canal”?
5. Who wrote the novel The Idiot?
(a) August Strindberg.
(b) Fyodor Dostoyevsky.
(c) Anton Chekhov.
(d) Constantin Stanislavski.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of the reward money does Boris say he gave to Dima and Anton each in Chapter 12: “The Rendezvous Point”?
2. When did Rembrandt live?
3. What word from Chapter 11: “The Gentleman’s Canal” refers to excruciating distress or suffering?
4. What item of jewelry does Theo give to Kitsey to wear at their wedding in Chapter 10: “The Idiot”?
5. Who is Mrs. Barbour’s friend that gave her the dogs after the death of her husband and Andy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Theo meet Boris in Chapter 10: “The Idiot”? What does Boris confess to Theo?
2. How does Theo’s mindset change once he has begun classes in Chapter 8: “The Shop-Behind-the-Shop, continued”?
3. Why does Theo study relentlessly in Chapter 7: “The Shop-Behind-the-Shop”?
4. What does Theo take with him when he departs Hobie’s shop in Chapter 11: “The Gentleman’s Canal”? What does he leave behind?
5. What does Theo confess to Hobie in Chapter 9: “Everything of Possibility”?
6. How does Boris describe his plan for retrieving the painting to Theo in Chapter 11: “The Gentleman’s Canal”?
7. What does Theo confess to Hobie after he returns home in Chapter 12: “The Rendezvous Point”?
8. What has Theo done with The Goldfinch after arriving at Hobie’s shop in Chapter 7: “The Shop-Behind-the-Shop”?
9. When does Chapter 9: “Everything of Possibility” begin? What does Theo learn from Platt Barbour in the beginning of the chapter?
10. What does Boris bring with him when he arrives in Chapter 12: “The Rendezvous Point”?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)