|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Naaman Silver tell Theo he is from in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
(a) Newark, New Jersey.
(b) Canarsie, New York.
(c) Springfield, Illinois.
(d) Trenton, New Jersey.
2. Where does Andy Barbour’s family live?
(a) Park Avenue.
(b) Greenwich Village.
3. Who is the housekeeper that Theo’s mother has to let go after Theo’s father leaves in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
4. What is Theo’s mother’s name?
(a) Sarah Decker.
(b) Audrey Decker.
(c) Marie Decker.
(d) Anna Decker.
5. What job did Theo’s mother work at part-time after coming to New York?
(a) Art preservation.
(b) Law assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hobie tell Theo that he is, as opposed to a businessman, in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
2. What is the name of the street that Theo’s father lives on in Las Vegas?
3. What does Theo tell Hobie his father’s occupation used to be in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
4. What family heirloom does Theo accuse Xandra of stealing from his mother in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
5. What is the name of the red-headed girl that Theo sees in the museum in Chapter 1: “Boy with a Skull”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe Theo’s mindset when he arrives home in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
2. How does Theo describe the setting of Boris’s bedroom in Chapter 5: “Badr al-Dine”?
3. What obstacle appears in Theo’s and Boris’s friendship in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
4. How does Theo describe his relationship with his father in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
5. Where is Pippa being taken in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”? Why? How does Pippa feel about her circumstances?
6. How does the narrator describe his mother in Chapter 1: “Boy with a Skull”?
7. How does Theo describe the sexual undertones of his friendship with Boris in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
8. How is the arrival of Theo’s father described in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”? Who accompanies Theo’s father when he arrives?
9. Who informs Theo of his father’s death in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”? How does Theo respond?
10. What information does Theo learn regarding his grandparents in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)