|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Theo’s mother’s name?
(a) Audrey Decker.
(b) Marie Decker.
(c) Anna Decker.
(d) Sarah Decker.
2. What movie’s poster hangs over the bed where Pippa lays when Theo meets her in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
(a) It's a Wonderful Life.
(c) The Wizard of Oz.
(d) The Royal Tenenbaums.
3. How does Xandra say Theo’s father died in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
(a) He was shot.
(b) He was in a boating accident.
(c) He was stabbed.
(d) He was in a car accident.
4. Where has Theo duct-taped the painting in a hiding place in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”?
(a) Above the ceiling fan.
(b) Under his carpet in his bedroom.
(c) Behind his headboard.
(d) On the underside of his desk.
5. Who is the “semi-famous actor” that visits Theo at the Barbours’ home after his mother’s death in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the street that Theo’s father lives on in Las Vegas?
2. What does Theo tell Hobie is his hardest subject in school in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
3. What fictional name does Boris call Theo when he first meets him in Chapter 5: “Badr al-Dine”?
4. What is Mrs. Barbour’s first name?
5. What is the name of Xandra’s dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Theo meet Hobie in Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”?
2. How does the narrator describe his mother in Chapter 1: “Boy with a Skull”?
3. Where is Theo being taken in the beginning of Chapter 3: “Park Avenue”? Why?
4. What is Theo’s principle internal conflict in Chapter 4: “Morphine Lollipop”?
5. What does Theo discover by eavesdropping at his new home in Las Vegas in Chapter 5: “Badr al-Dine”?
6. How does Theo come to the realization that his mother has died in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
7. How does Theo describe the setting of Boris’s bedroom in Chapter 5: “Badr al-Dine”?
8. Who informs Theo of his father’s death in Chapter 6: “Wind, Sand and Stars”? How does Theo respond?
9. What fears occupy Theo’s mind as a young child, as illustrated in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”? Why?
10. How does Theo describe his relationship with his father in Chapter 2: “The Anatomy Lesson”?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)